“Very nice”

Fairfield Inn Richmond
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Paris
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Beautiful, clean, comfortable beds and friendly staff made for a very restful stay. The hot tub didn't hurt either.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Had to stop over on a eleven hour trip due to the weather and wanted a hotel that had the least chance of having bedbugs, etc. So...we decided on this Fairfield Inn. The outside looked nice except for half the lights being out. The lobby was nice. I asked for the best rate and the GSA quoted $99. Luckily, I had just checked Travelocity and haggled her down to $84. BUT, $84 on a Monday night in the middle of nowhere Indiana is ridiculous!!!

The room was clean, but plain. The internet, which was free, was spotty. The free cookies were stale. The breakfast layout looked nice, but unfortunately, I am not a breakfast person.

OK hotel, but $84.00 is WAY too much, especially when a hotel makes money on anything over $35.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DoctorBroadway
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed here on a recent business trip in the midwest. This is a nicely appointed Fairfield that is clean and modern. It was exactly what I needed from a long day on the road and convenient for me to still attend a morning meeting in Indianapolis. Good spot to stay and I would not hesitate in staying here again in the future.Plus there is a great little BBQ spot in New Paris that makes this a great place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueMarlinDave
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I started to give it a rating of 2, but "poor" seemed a little harsh given that they do try.

Issues:
- when we checked in, the front desk gave us a room. When we asked how close it was to the elevator, she admitted she didn't know but told us to check it out and if it was an issue, to come back down. That didn't instill confidence that we would have a good stay.
- the hotel is half remodeled. They tried to update it in certain ways, but in other ways, the elevator needs help, the mattress was sagging, the ac/ heat unit was only moderately working.
- no fitness center on site. I knew this was the case before check in but was told there were passes to a center about 5 miles away. Fair enough, except they tell you the hours start at 7am, when in fact, you need to be a member to get in the door. The guest access doesn't start until 8am. Once in, the center was fine, but this was an inconvenience.
- breakfast was pleasant except, I'm not sure if management is aware that hotel staff is eating at the breakfast buffet too at the same time when the guests are eating. I'm not that bourgeois to mind, except, one staffer took most of the eggs, right in front of me. So I scraped up what was remaining and moved on.
- roadside location means you will hear semis all night on the highway.
- all of the above came at a fairly steep rate of $89 per night for what you get. I would have no problem with that rate if the hotel didn't have these issues, but frankly, it was probably only worth $59/night. The experience was more in line with more low, low end budget-oriented chains, not something that comes under the Marriott brand.

So was there anything good about it? I think staff was friendly enough. It appeared fairly clean, it is a convenient location.

I am a picky guest, but I think these issues are fairly basic and easy for a good property operator to address.

Room tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway. It will be quieter.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway. It will be more quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Janie C
Aaron-GM-FFI-Richmnd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property & to bring some issues to our attention.

I have addressed the breakfast issue with our Associates. I regret the experience you had, and want to ensure that no other guests experience a similar situation.

We are also in the process of adding a 24 hour on site fitness center which will elminate the inconvenience of having to drive to a limited hours facility. We will have cardio equipment as well as some free weights. I anticipate having this open by the first of the year.

I have also done some training with our Front Desk Associates and made them aware of our property map so that they will know where all rooms are in relation to elevators. etc.

Thanks again for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Aaron Y.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

A group of us stayed at the Fairfield Inn and had a great time. We had no problem finding the motel. We used the lounge and enjoyed a good breakfast. The only "complaint" I would mention is that the refrigerator in my room didn't work and I really needed it. But, we'll probably go back next year.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Aaron-GM-FFI-Richmnd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that your refrigerator was not functioning properly during your stay. We do strive to ensure everything in your room is working so that you can just relax and enjoy your stay. I am very glad to hear that enjoyed our upgraded breakfast buffet as well as the availability of the breakfast room area throughout the day.

We look forward to seeing you and the rest of your group again next year.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Aaron Y

Reviewed September 19, 2011

GPS took use to a corn field. When we found the hotel the desk clerk said yes, it happens all the time. We confirmed this reservation on the day we arrived. You would think the desk person would tell the customers not to use GPS. My sister's GPS had the cornfield location also. Good Breakfast. One elevator, small room, no automatic front door

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank StoneyCinti

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the incorrect location on your GPS. I am aware that some GPS providers have our Property in the wrong location, and am working to correct this. I have actually just heard back from Garmin who found and corrected the mistake. They informed me that the next update that they issue will correct this mistake. I am also trying to determine if any other GPS providers need to update their maps.

We are glad that you found your way back, and hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Thanks,
Aaron

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I got charged a smoking fee because of an empty cigarette box that my brother left behind, he smoked outside the hotel. They claimed there were ashes in the bathroom, but I saw none before I checked out! They apparently have changed management since I stayed there a year ago. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank free1952
Aaron-GM-FFI-Richmnd, Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

At the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Richmond / New Paris. We feature an entirely smoke free property. Guests are notified of this policy at check-in. If a guest does not follow the smoke-free policy, they are charged the agreed upon room recovery fee which is used for the extensive cleaning required in order to restore the room to a non-smoking room for our next guest. We require inspection by our Executive Housekeeper or General Manager, along with adequate odor and photographically verifiable evidence before issuing this charge. We do have exterior smoking areas for our guests but do choose to maintain a smoke-free interior in order to provide the best possible environment for all of our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Paris
#7 of 10 in Richmond
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#6 of 10 in Richmond

Been to Fairfield Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!