“Looks Great!” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Looks Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sadly they were closed when we were in the area, but we walked around and took a few photos. It is right on main street and is very well maintained. I would certainly return during operating hours to look around and see where John Glenn grew up.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Celeste5

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“destination point”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

outstanding worth every minute truly a destination pointthere are 2 sites the National Road Museum and the John England historic sooner combo ticket great value

1 Thank SkinnyMoneyDupree
Akron, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have to admit, I did earn a lot while here. They take you on a trip through John's childhood and then onto his later life. It was a fun learning experience, yet it could be better.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Li-LiRae
Newport, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“If anyone has The Right Stuff, it is John Glenn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Traveling through on I-70, we planned to stop here and we are so glad we did. My husband, 10 yr old son and I are big NASA/Space geeks. The admission was reasonable and the tour was really cute.
We began by watching a film about John and Annie Glenn. This room also had lots of informative posters about their life.
Next we went upstairs where a boarder of the Glenn house took us back in time to 1944 to show us what life was like in war time USA.
Then we went to the 3rd floor with another guide to see some more memorabilia.
A must see for the space fan.
John Glenn is a true American Hero.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ltlmrmd
Boardman, Ohio
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Worth a Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Neat little museum & historic home in New Concord. Visitor center had a nice collection of Glenn artifacts and a good retrospective film on his career and accomplishments- I learned quite a bit. The living history part of the program was unique and gives visitors an accurate look at life during World War II... although my guided tour went on a little longer than I would have liked.

Visited July 2012