“If anyone has The Right Stuff, it is John Glenn”

John and Annie Glenn Historic Site
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Traveling through on I-70, we planned to stop here and we are so glad we did. My husband, 10 yr old son and I are big NASA/Space geeks. The admission was reasonable and the tour was really cute.
We began by watching a film about John and Annie Glenn. This room also had lots of informative posters about their life.
Next we went upstairs where a boarder of the Glenn house took us back in time to 1944 to show us what life was like in war time USA.
Then we went to the 3rd floor with another guide to see some more memorabilia.
A must see for the space fan.
John Glenn is a true American Hero.

1  Thank ltlmrmd
in 9 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Neat little museum & historic home in New Concord. Visitor center had a nice collection of Glenn artifacts and a good retrospective film on his career and accomplishments- I learned quite a bit. The living history part of the program was unique and gives visitors an accurate look at life during World War II... although my guided tour went on a little longer than I would have liked.

1  Thank GozerTheTraveller
Reviewed August 28, 2012

While driving thru Ohio on our way to Columbus, we saw the exit sign for "John Glenn's Childhood Home". My husband and I agreed it might be fun, and it had to be interesting, so we got off the highway and headed to his home in New Concord Village. Such a pleasant surprise and a wonderful experience for both of us! The Glenn house, now a museum as well, has been kept pretty much the way it was when Glenn was a youngster and teenager in this quaint, pretty town - even the high school he attended is across the street. We watched a short film about Glenn's early life and his life with Annie, after which a young boy who was in the acting role of "young John Glenn", showed us around the house, from kitchen to parlor to bedrooms, adding bits of information about his family and his early years spent in New Concord. His renactment of the young John Glenn was very well done! There are opportunities to see many newsclippings, photos, awards, citations and various memorabilia of Glenn as an Astronaut, as a U.S. Senator, as the husband of Annie Glenn, and their busy lives together! Highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

New Concord is less than 30 minutes off 77 and worth a stop to see the childhood home of John Glenn. The visit starts with a very informative film of the life of John and Annie Glenn. It helps you appreciate the couples impressive life accomplishments and the small town that gave them their start. The tour of the home is a step back into WWI times. Our tour guide was a "Muskinghum Med student boading at the home with the young John Glenn". He was entertaining as well as informative about the war efforts being done on the home front in small towns like New Concord. He gave us a very good feel of John Glenn's early years in New Concord. Even the 2 teenagers in our group enjoyed the visit. The tour including the movie took us about 1 & 1/2. It is worth the detour off 77 to see the historic route 40 and step back into time at the John and Annie Glenn site.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had decided to leave the Interstate for a much more enjoyable pace of the Historic National Road, which took me through the Village of New Concord, where I found the John and Annie Glenn Museum. This unplanned stop allowed me to tour the boyhood home of astronaut and U. S. Senator John Glenn. The tour is based on the period of 1937-1944 with artifacts and furniture that were own by the Glenn’s. Our tour followed a large school group, but even so our guide maintain our interest and was more than willing to answer any questions that we may have had. Admission to the home is $7.00 and our tour lasted for about 40-minutes. For a spur of the moment stop, I found that this was one of the hidden gems of my Memorial Day Road Trip. The John and Annie Glenn Museum is located right on Main Street (the Old National Road) in the Village of New Concord and is well worth a stop if you find yourself in the area.

1  Thank SneakinDeacon