Courtyard Columbus New Albany
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$149
Hampton.com
WoodSpring Suites Columbus Easton(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$80
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$111
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport(Gahanna)(Great Value!)
$90
CandlewoodSuites
$151
$146
$135
HIExpress.com
All reviewsoutdoor fire pitlobby bistrogreat hotelbusiness hotelwould definitely stay here againblue agaveice machinenice place to staythree nightsroom was largeindoor poolcolumbusbalconymarriottweddingcongregatinginternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very new, clean, sharp looking hotel with quick friendly professional ladies doing check in. The only reason it did not get 5 stars was the air conditioner made a up and down humming noise. i was too tired to ask for another room. The pool is a very nice, very clean saltwater pool with capacity for 67 people. No hot tub at this facility, but the pool temperature was PERFECT !!!! There was a nice outdoor fire pit with nice outdoor furniture in a peaceful outdoor setting. The fitness room was nice and clean with great equipment. Overall this is a well run hotel with employees that care.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sari L, Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Vacationer9898,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding the air conditioners. We will certainly take a look into the way in which they operate in the rooms to ensure they are as quiet as possible. We are so glad to hear your family enjoyed the pool area. The saltwater pool is certainly an exciting green addition to the hotel which helps eliminate the harsh chemicals as well as provides a non-chlorinated smell in the pool area. It is a true joy to hear that our staff was hospitable and caring to your needs and requests as well as providing you with excellent service. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you very much for your review and feedback.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding the past weekend in 2013. This is the new model of Courtyard very bright colors with the cafe in the lobby. Our room was wonderful a queen suite with a sleeper sofa. Again , the colors were great all orange, yellow , white and gold . Bed was extremly comfortable. The bathroom did not have a tub but a large walk in shower with subway tile and glass doors. I am not sure if any of the rooms have tubs you would want to ask if you need one but it was a fantastic shower ! There is a small indoor pool and a small workout room. Outside is very nice with several umbrella tables, very comfortable outdoor chairs and couches and a firepit. Less than a mile away across the street is a Subway and a wonderful Mexican Restuarant , Blue Agave . We had a delicious lunch at Blue Agave also would be a nice place just for a drink . Great location with many places to eat less than one or two miles away. They have a shuttle. We met the manager she rode the shuttle to the wedding with us she was great and very accomodating about helping us .

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Jenou,

Thank you very much for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott New Albany. We wholeheartedly agree that the new layout for the rooms is fantastic! The large showers are an added advantage for those who would rather not have a shower/tub combo. However, we do offer those as well. It is so glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. I hope the wedding was a success and we wish to have you back soon so you can experience some of the other local restaurants, a glass of wine from the Bistro while you relax by the fire pit, or utilize our shuttle to transport you to Easton Town Center for a night of shopping and entertainment.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here and even though the staff was very nice when I checked in and the room was very modern it got bad real quick. It started with the card keys that we were given when we checked in didn't work so back to the desk I trudged only to be told, sorry they didn't program correctly. You would think they would check that before they give them to you. Trudge back up to the room. Then at approximately 11:30pm a couple with a baby checked into the room beside us. I was a sleep until I heard a door open, keys flung on the desk top and then a baby start to cry. I then got to listen to them discuss how to get the baby to stop crying and go to sleep then plan what was going to happen next! There must not be any insulation in the walls in this hotel. I have stayed in Super 8's with better privacy! The hotel was in no way full and for the life of me I can't understand why the desk clerk would stick a couple with a baby next to a room with 2 adults in it. Needless to say my next day was very long thanks to the interruption in my sleep. When I talked to the clerk the next morning when I check out she actually told me "some people check in together so we put them together". At 11:30pm I didn't hear anyone else in the rooms beside me only the one. The excuse was pure nonsense. For the money I spent for this room I should at the very least expect some privacy so I don't have to listen to whom ever is in the room beside me. Would not recommend this hotel if you need your sleep to function the next day. This almost cost me a business deal. Do Not Stay Here if you need Privacy and Sleep!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Walls are paper thin.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David J

David J,

As a Marriott property we strive for a commitment to excellence in all facets of our guest’s experience, in reading your response it is evident we did not meet that commitment and for that we sincerely apologize. As a new hotel we value all customer feedback, both positive and negative, and utilize it to continue our development toward excellence. Your poignant response is greatly appreciated and stirs a greater resolve in our commitment to the excellence we strive for. If you were back in the area we would love to have you return to our property in order to show you the experience we desire for all of our guests. Again we are sincerely sorry for the experience you had and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

a perfect location near a major artery to Columbus/ Easton but NO traffic noise. Prompt and friendly service at check-in. Room was appointed typically for this price range (so very good) with accurate heating & cooling. My bathroom had x-large shower (no bathtub)- but I prefer showers anyway; and stone counters. Free wifi was speedy &convenient to access with my personal devices from inside my room. Also typical of most new hotels- this one is less soundproof- and noise could be an issue. I usually travel with earplugs as a precaution- but I didn't need them here that night. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Sari L, Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

All here at the Courtyard by Marriott New Albany would like to thank you for your choice to stay with us during your travels to Columbus. We greatly appreciate all feedback from each of our guests and are very thankful you chose to take time out of your busy schedule to provide specific details on your experience. We were also very excited we have a variety of options in our room types to offer either a large shower or a tub/shower combo. The variety of rooms allows us to accomodate our guests as much as possible. We pride ourselves on a staff who continually strives to help each guest have a seamless stay and are thrilled that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next time through and please let us know when you book so we can personally greet you during your stay.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently spent two nights here and loved the hotel. Everything is brand new since they just opened last month. My room had an outdoor balcony with chairs. The decor was nice and the bathroom had a walk in shower. There was also a refrigerator in the room. The lobby has a cafe that serves breakfast and dinner as well as Starbuck's coffee and tea.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Sari L, Manager at Courtyard Columbus New Albany, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

All of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott New Albany are so grateful for your feedback about our property. We certainly agree that the room amenities such as the upgraded walk-in showers as well as the private balcony space are great ways to renew and recharge after a hard day of work. Our in house dinning option known as the Bistro is a great draw for those looking for a quick bite to eat. The made to order food offers a variety of healthy and fresh choices. Additionally Courtyard's partnership with Starbucks has provides our guests with a variety of high quality beverages. We hope the next time you are in the area and stay with us we can show you a few of the other amenities we have to offer.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon!