“Nice little restaurant”

Ella Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 161
Description: ella incorporates the finest local ingredients into made-from-scratch soups, appetizers, salads, sandwiches, entrees and desserts resulting in a delicious fusion of chef-inspired Contemporary American Cuisine. The Warm and inviting bar is the perfect place to relax and meet friends while enjoying a local craft beer, cocktail, martini or wine. Our Straight Forward American menu features seasonal and local favorites. Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4 to 7 pm features $5 glasses of wine and $6 cocktails and bar snacks to enjoy in the restaurant or on our beautiful patio. Enjoy Monday - Prime Burger and Craft Beer Special - Tuesday Wine Bottle Discounts - Wed- Craft Beer Night - Thursday- Ladies Night. Adjoining EllaBistro is Hayley Gallery, New Albany's award winning art gallery. Stroll through the gallery before or after dinner while enjoying your favorite beverage.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was a great find! We were in town to see a concert and wanted to dine nearby and Ella's fit the bill. We had the "Ella" vated chips as an appetizer - very good! My husband enjoyed the short ribs and I liked my hazelnut crusted trout. We also split the chocolate walnut pie for dessert - we were pleased with all of it and would return the next time we're in town! Only con is that the tables are tight, we were a little squeezed in to our location .

Reviewed January 26, 2014

It might be a good neighborhood bar but leaves much to be desired as a fine dining establishment. Over priced with fancy names does not make the food good. Last nights salad was just the beginning. Caesar which amounted to lettuce - shaved cheese and nothing else. The steak was supposedly well done but was mushy. Substitutions are made only at full price which is absurd. One potato for another cost 6.00. The bar noise made it hard to carry on a conversation in the Dining area. There are better choices near by. If your a vegetarian then rank it a little higher.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had an awesome night out with girlfriends at Ella. Our server was great, he was knowledgeable, friendly, and very attentive. We ended up splitting two bottles of a wonderful riesling wine.

I started with the lobster bisque which was to die for! I wish I had ordered a bowl and not just a cup. It was so rich and delicious and had a ton of big chunks of lobster.

Our sever brought us several rounds of bread. It was delicious, it was drowning (in a good way) in olive oil.

My friend had the MOST decadent looking macaroni and cheese. Another friend had "The Burger", that looked incredible and the other friend had a gnocci dish. My main dish was a little disappointing. I had the seared tuna special. It was served with a lentil side dish. The lentils were pretty al dente, it was great. It also had this strange carrot side salad that wasn't very good. The tuna portion was ok. It was pretty flavorless. So that was not great but then we got dessert.

We had this sinfully good chocolate pie and in honor of my friend's birthday they brought her ice cream.

It was great, really pricey but I'd like to try it again and just not order the tuna special.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great food, attentive staff, even on busy New Year's Eve !. Food was great, and even better than expected. good portions. Though we brought little ones.... Staff handled it very well. We wll surely be going back.. and will bring other friends next time !

Reviewed January 4, 2014

very nice , each person in party had nothing but compliments for their meal, looked like bar area would be nice place to have a drink , the staff was very cordial and made you feel like you would want to come back just to try something else on their unique menu, pricing above average but lots of effort went into meal