“SAVE YOUR GASOLINE !!!!”

Perennial Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Navarre
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

To start off..We had a lot of trouble finding the place.{signage is terrible}We did wine tasting and found two decent wines,the rest were mediocre at best.The staff was rude and acted like they could care less if you visit again or not.They all need a lesson in valuing the patron.We traveled way out of our way only to be treated unwanted.There are way to many good wineries in our area to go to this one.They had an excellent band outside and no dance floor,just uneven bricks.The good side: the story that the old barn tells and the pizza. not enough for us to go back. We have visited several other local wineries and this was the worst.

6  Thank Steve B

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here on the way to a wedding reception. The place was completely empty and yet the person behind the counter acted like it was a bother to help us. He gave us no suggestions, had no sense of humor and gave off a very unfriendly vibe. I won't be back.

5  Thank Kackpr
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Members of my hiking club spent an evening here and we are still talking about what a good time we had. Great, creative pizzas. My favorite is the Frenchy, and I love the BP Chardonnay. At $10 a bottle it is a steal. The tasting room is in the bottom of a converted barn. Long or round tables. Very attractive. They also have seating outside where it reminds me of sitting in a vineyard in Tuscany. Can't wait to go there on a nice fall evening. It is my new favorite hang out.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The oven-fired pizza was delicious. The outdoor entertainment was great. The Big Red Pecker Chardonnay, though crudely named, was really good. The service, however, was poor. As I stood in line to cash out, the man behind the bar was rude to two people in the time it took me to pay.
The man in front of me, who payed his over $60 bill, asked to sample something (which costs 25 cents). When he jokingly asked for a 50 cent sized sample, the bar tender responded that he was not there to hand out a cheap buzz. It was obvious the customer was being jovial, and if the vineyard is giving their wines phallic names you assume they have a sense of humor. When the customer, taken aback, told the bar tender he was offended by that comment, the bar tender told him he didn't need to order samples at all then. Wow!
Next in line was a woman holding a bottle, which was a little over half full. When she set the bottle on the counter, she told the bar tender something didn't taste right. (Keep in mind Perennial was selling the bottle for $7, amid their $15-20 normal prices, so it was clear they knew something was up). She flat out said she wasn't asking for a refund, she just wanted them to know it tasted funny. Rather than sympathizing, the bar tender told her he had sold a case that morning, so it was fine. He walked away from her.
I was floored. I paid my bill without incident, but I wish I would have said something to him. When my husband contacted the winery the next day, they said they were sorry we had a bad experience . . . so they understood if we did not want to return! Who says that? We had visited the winery because they were participating in the Ohio Vines tour, but we certainly won't be going back any time soon.

6  Thank Brianne P
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have visited this location twice. Both times, I was impressed by the beautiful location and the pretty decent wines. The pizza is great as well. Unfortunately, on both of my visits, the staff is rude and is seemingly annoyed with the customers. From what I have read here on Trip Advisor, I'm not the first to experience this problem. Bad service trumps good wine every time. I emailed the vineyard to tell them about the issues I encountered, but they were not very interested. They initially asked for more details in a one line response with no signature (not sure who I was talking to), but failed to follow up with me. For myself, there are too many good wineries in the area to deal with the staff at this location.

8  Thank DanCAK