“Pleasant Small Town property”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Napoleon
Richmond, Virginia
“Pleasant Small Town property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed there on 2 different nights last week. A weekend night and a week day night. It is an older property with both smoking and non smoking rooms. You can tell it when you walk down the lower hall way. The first non smoking room had a fresh smell. The second floor has all non smoking rooms and the hall smelled fresher. This room while it was a non smoking room still had a smokers odor, especially when the AC unit was turned on. Linens and the bedding was clean and fresh. There wasn't a microwave in the room but it wasn't a big deal. Breakfast was what you would expect at a HIE. Staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay there again if we have the occasion to visit the area.

Room Tip: Not next to vending, ice machine, guest laundry,stairs or elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indiana, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed in this particular Holiday Inn Express multiple times. It was always clean and friendly. I'm not sure what has changed but this visit was less than desirable. As a priority club member I was not greeted as such. That was the immediate difference I noticed. All other HI Express' have a special bag waiting for priority club users. I was not so disappointed in that as much as the lack of friendly customer service. After receiving our room keys, we proceeded to our room to find the keys did not work. My husband returned to the desk two times to get the keys to work.
I was also disappointed to find the smoking rooms were on the first floor causing the smoke to rise to the second floor. Due to severe allergies to smoke I will not be staying at this hotel in the future if this is not changed.
The room was not bad. Cleanliness was ok. Edges of carpet need to be cleaned other than that it was fine. Pillows that are advertised and prior experiences at other HI Express's were not as described.
Let's talk breakfast! Or I should say lack thereof. The breakfast area was attended by the front desk clerk who was often too distracted by guests checking out to adequately care for the needs of the breakfast area. The advertised delicious cinnamon rolls never existed at this hotel. There were few choices in the muffins, bagels, etc. there were some eggs with cheese and sausage links, sausage gravy with biscuits, however the biscuits were not fresh. The coffee was not really hot (my arrival time to the breakfast area was 7:45, serving start time 6:30) and there was an empty half and half milk bottle. The breakfast attendant/front desk clerk failed to wipe tables leaving the area less than desirable.
The lobby of the hotel could have been cleaner too. Check out the beautiful glass table! It was so dirty made me feel like not wanting to sit in the area at all.
I can honestly say this is the first time I have been disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express and have deeply considered staying at another location in the future when I visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here one night while in the area for MWGB the hotel was very nice and a very clean room :) the breakfast area was very small was the only thing bad abut my stay here.I would definitely look into staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The room was fine, the breakfast was fine but the service was excellent. My son was sick in the middle of the night and the staff came and assisted us in cleaning up! The manager that helped us probably wanted to be doing anything other than helping my wife clean up puke at 3:00AM!
Thank you and great job exceeding our expectations.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the smoking rooms. The hallway was kind of smoky.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dahlmann Campus Inn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel appeared to be in good repair and was fairly clean. Did see two hairs on bathroom floor and a little edge vacuuming in the corridors would be good. The breakfast area is very small for the large number of families that stayed for a wedding this weekend. Staff were very friendly, even gave me a band-aid for my cut finger.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Recently, I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express Hotels every chance I get. As a result, I come to expect a high degree of quality. Initially wanted to stay in and around Bowling Green/Perrysburg, however, hotels were booked, due to a Statewide soccer tournament taking place at Bowling Green State University during the weekend of April 28, 2012. Consequently, the nearest available was in Napolean, Oh (about 30 mi. from Bowling Green). Although the hotel was acceptable, I didn't find it to be what I expected. The people at the front desk were friendly and the accomodations were OK. What I didn't like was the size of the breakfast lounge. Evidently, the the hotel was crowded with many soccer participants (junior high students) and their families. There was literally no room to sit. In fact, it was the smallest Holiday Inn breakfast area I have yet encountered.

On another note, since I was not familiar with the area, I asked for a recommendation of where to eat in Napolean, Oh. The employess seemed to think that Spengler's was a good place. The "sport's bar" is about seemed to be from the 20's or 30's. I was excited thinking that I'd found a gem. To my surprise, the food was 3rd rate. My wife and I played it safe and ordered burgers and fries, and a hot dog and fries for our grandson. The ground meat was overdone and the buns had that white powder (you know when bread is about to go stale?). When the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, we both chimed in "No thanks!" Bottom line, we were somewhat disenchanted with our stay in Napolean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Alfie711,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the breakfast area. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stay here often while visiting family. It is very clean and well kept up and the staff is friendly. I especially like that it is a modern hotel, but that the windows still open as most do not anymore. That makes it nice to air out the room for those with allergies to scents, etc. The only reason that I did not give it the top rating is that it is a little pricey for a small town and the lay-out of the smoking rooms. I prefer a completely non-smoking hotel, but if there is no odor because the smoking rooms are segregated, its ok. Unfortunately, this hotel has most of the smoking rooms on the first floor and there is a bit of an odor from them that wafts into the breakfast room. Another problem is that the king suites-which are the only rooms with micowaves-that are non-smoking- are all on the 2nd floor and we really prefer to stay in first floor rooms, but are forced to go to the second floor here to have a microwave. It would be better if they would move all their smoking rooms to the second floor and keep the first floor smoke free.

Room Tip: Have to go to the second floor-and a king suite- to get a microwave in a non-smoking room, but they...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hoosiers525
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napoleon
Napoleon Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Del Mar
BEST WESTERN Del Mar
#1 of 3 in Wauseon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Defiance

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!