The Mount Vernon Inn
Mid Ohio Inn(Bellville)
$67
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main houseglass of winekenyon collegefresh fruitgarden areamade to order breakfastbreakfast was deliciousplace to stayomeletlovely gardenan oasismany choicesfantastic placechecking intables and chairsin townmy daughter
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Mount Vernon Inn on multiple occasions now due to weekend workshops at KCCC Adult Ed School of Massage Therapy, and my experiences have been truly delightful. The rooms are clean and well taken care of (the cottage is an excellent retreat). The courtyard gardens are peaceful and attractive. The staff is always very friendly and the breakfast divine. Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had spent an entire month in Mt Vernon, Ohio this spring - watching my son play a spring sport for Kenyon College, which is very close by. After meeting the woman who owns the property, I decided to give the Mount Vernon Inn a try when I needed to stay a night during my return trip to pick up my "newly finished" college student. I am so very happy that I did!

The inn is lovely - as lovely as the owner I had previously met. I settled into a smaller room that was detached from the main building, but right on the lovely courtyard. The room was wonderful - incredibly clean and cozy. The fridge was stocked with goodies for me! After a long day packing up my son's dorm room and putting everything in storage - I settled in on the comfortble bed with the remote control and relaxed for the first time that day!

The next morning breakfast was served in the main building - a huge buffet of fresh fruit, cereals, breads and breakfast sweets, a few frittata choices, etc - after getting a coffee for myself, the waitress approached me with a menu - wow - I chose an omelet that rivaled some swanky brunches in NYC! - The best thing about it was it was all included in my room charge!

Check out was easy - just return the key to the office in the main house - but the staff is so fabulous - I felt like I was leaving someone's private home after a night's visit.

This past year, I traveled to Kenyon College quite a few times and the Mount Vernon Inn was, without a doubt, the most enjoyable place that I stayed during my visits. The value that you get for the price you pay is unbelievable - especially after having paid much higher nightly rates in other area hotels and inns.

Naturally, I am in no hurry to have the summer go by quickly - I am truly enjoying my "Kenyon sophomore" home with us for the 3 month break - but I did make sure to make my reservation for the impending start of classes next fall - I have a feeling I'll be staying at the Mount Vernon Inn from now on!

Thanks for a great stay! : )

Room Tip: although the room that I chose was advertised as for 1 person - 2 people could comfortably stay in it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed here a few yrs ago for a church event and it was wonderful. We had a 3br suite and it made me feel right at home. Breakfast was great (I still crave it...lol), and the gardens are beautiful. There's not very much to do in Mt. Vernon, but Mt. Vernon Inn was one of the most peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable experiences of my life.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Based on previous tripadvisor reviews, I chose to stay here while my daughter attended an Admitted Students event at Kenyon. I agree with the "glorified motor court" description, because the room I stayed in was quite dated and tired, though very clean. On the other hand, I also have to note how lovely the staff is, how very hard they've tried to make the rooms comfortable and how incredibly convenient the inn is to the school. There are limited options in the Gambier/Mt Vernon area, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. My only other comment concerns the amount of traffic noise that runs all night long on Rte 229. Next time, I will bring a white noise machine.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TJH7363
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Usually stay at the Kenyon Inn when I visit my son but they were booked last weekend. Took a chance on Mount Vernon Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are simple but have everything you could want including a fridge stocked w/ a few goodies, microwave, coffeemaker and plush robe. Didn't have breakfast but breakfast room looked lovely. Great price too- I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family