“You don't always get what you ask for”

Comfort Inn Mount Vernon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I booked a room 2 months ahead, requested non-smoking. The only room for me when I checked in was a smoking. Smelt like an ash tray. All of the hallways smelt of smoke. It was the only rooms left in town that week. When I checked out I told the night girl that all hotels should be non-smoking and if smokers needed to smoke just step outside. She told me non-smokers could go outside. I guess she wants us to camp out in the park or somewhere. Most of the staff was good but I don't think she made the right choice in telling me that. IF YOU ARE A NON-SMOKER -- STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 20, 2009

This hotel was great experience with the ever so helping staff ready to please your stay, the spot free rooms( especially bathrooms) with excellent beds for a restfull sleep, and BEAUTIFUL pool room. Assistant manager Bill was a great help for local directions and opinions for close restraunts in the area.
*Needed more fridgerator space so maintenance brought secondary fridge within minutes...no charge* I will defenitly be staying soon again in the near future!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We stayed one night following my husband's 25th high school reunion. Room was okay. Parking lot seemed well-lighted adn safe. Front desk staff was friendly. However, the bathroom stunk of mildew. It's a shame housekeeping (or management) isn't using their sense of smell to figure out if a room needs some help.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2008

My sisters and I stayed for two nights at the Comfort Inn Mt. Vernon and had a great time! The staff is great, our rooms were nice and our overall experience was very good. Mt. Vernon is a cute little town with a great recreational trail system. We also visited the Utica Ice Cream Festival on Memorial Day Weekend, which is only about 10 miles away from Mt. Vernon.

We arrived late on Friday night and they kept the pool open so that we could enjoy it. They have an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna that we enjoyed quite a bit! Our room was very nice with a larger fridge, microwave and nice decor. Bathroom is small. The bedding looked new. Breakfast was decent with cereal, breads and bagels, waffles, fruit and eggs.

We needed directions to the Kokosing Gap Trail and they were very helpful, providing a map and detailed directions. They also offered recommendations for pizza (Dirko's- yum!) and a place to find a bottle of wine.

Overall our experience was very good and we'll be visiting again

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We made phone reservations for a handicapped (wheelchair) accessible room for the Comfort Inn. The reservation was again confirmed a week before we travelled. When we arrived at about 5:30 pm, we were told there was a reservation problem and there was no handicapped room available. Unfortunately that happens too often when we arrive at hotels of many brands and try to stay in a room where we have confirmed reservations for a wheelchair accessible room. So we are off to a bad start, but it gets better. The clerk is very busy and traffic in this hotel is extremely busy for a weekday. The clerk calls the manager at home to ask about our room. While waiting it becomes clear that the staff knows most of its customers and calls them by name. Repeat visitors, mostly business clients who have stayed here for years keep checking in while I awaited the arrival of the manager. The manager arrived and explained that the hotel was full as the result of a softball tournament. The manager told me he knew the guests in the wheelchair accessible room and was confident they would switch rooms with us when they returned from the county fair. We went out to eat and when we returned about 9 pm the manager had sucessfully moved guests from their wheelchair accessible room (they were not handicapped) into our room and after the manager cleaned their room we moved into theirs. The staff at this hotels is friendly and efficient. I would without question vote them staff of the year. The hotel room is on par with its price. The room is clean, the hallway carpet looked stained in some spots, I would prefer pillows that are less firm but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a '
Westin Hotel environment you will be disappointed. However, I would stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank hughwho
Reviewed September 11, 2006

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Mt. Vernon is not very large, so hotel selection is somewhat limited. This hotel turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

The rooms were clean and included a refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast, which is included, was basic but good. The staff was extremely friendly and provided a local map and list of shopping and restaurants (the hotel does not have a restaurant). There is an indoor pool that looked nice.

If I had to find something to criticize, it would be that the air conditioner was fairly loud. But it was not that big a deal. Also, I did not see any elevators. The hotel is two stories, so if you have a problem climbing stairs or have a lot of luggage, you may want to ask for a room on the first floor.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Neutron
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We stayed here the night before our Kenyon College visit. What a pleasant surprise! Very reasonable room rate, good size, all was clean and nice, we had a refrigerator AND a freezer and microwave!

Mt. Vernon is a beautiful little town, and the Comfort Inn is just a few blocks away, and about 6-7 miles from Kenyon. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Kenyon.

The only slight drawback was that they wouldn't let us print our boarding passes, but you can do that at the public library.

• Stayed: August 2006
#1 of 4 in Bellville
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Comfort Inn Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!