“Great breakfast place”
Review of High Restaurant - CLOSED

High Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: Just reopened diner December 2011 under new ownership after being closed for two years. Complete remodel and new menu! New URL unknown.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We used to go to this place a long time ago, and were curious about the "new" owners. We went for breakfast on a weekend, and were very pleasantly surprised. It's a diner, so it's not fancy, but the people are very friendly; the service is prompt and attentive, and the breakfast is a great value. We will certainly return.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The places was just nasty. The food was horrible. The staff was standing in the middle of the place eating food and all the staff was eating off one plate while people were trying to get their own food. The place was dirty. I will never go there again and I wouldn't advise anyone else to do so. Honestly I am seriously surprised that the health dept even would allow the place to be open for business.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for graduation from MVNU and we picked The High from the list on our GPS. Walked into to a cute blast from the past. Our server was friendly and helpful. She suggested the special, a meatloaf sandwich (homemade) and fries. It was AMAZING!! Peanut butter pie for desert. If you are looking for good food, friendly service and great prices, this is the place to go!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have not been here for 40 years. The restaurant is beautifully renovated, honoring the original history. The greek omlet was delicious. The wait staff was helpful and friendly. Next trip to Mount Vernon, I will definitely eat here.

1  Thank Eilleen A
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stopped here May 2012, did not have "High" expectations. However, it was the best shredded chicken sandwhich I have had in my life, and trust me, I seek them out. The shredded chicken was homemade, not the runny stuff from a can that you will find up the road at the Dairy (who does have the best ice cream), they had made it in to a "patty" and it was lightly grilled on both sides, served on a fresh toasted bun and with a side of krinkle fries. I just had water to drink. My check was $3.72. I only wish there was a restaurant like this closer to Westerville, where I live. I would eat there at least weekly if it were closer and i can't wait until I drive through Mt. Vernon again!