“Great!!!”

The Alcove Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Alcove Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Founded in 1911 as a small ice cream and candy shop in the heart of downtown Mount Vernon, Ohio, The Alcove Restaurant strives to serve the finest in dining experiences in Central Ohio. Using the finest of ingredients, our diverse menus including Italian favorites, delicious salads, and our signature Prime Rib of Beef, you will be sure to find something you enjoy! Join us in our spacious dining room today to Experience Casual Elegance!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

What a wonderful surprise and delight. The food and service were absolutely terrific. The soup special was fabulous. Every entrée we ordered had great flavor. And, I loved that they filled the glass of wine to the brim. I haven't experienced that in a long time!!! The interior may not be "current," but I loved that as it gave it a special charm and friendly small-town feel. Everything was terrific and I would not recommend changing a thing. I will eat here again the next time that I am in town. Thank you for a wonderful meal, friendly service, and terrific value.

• Visited August 2014

NJ
“Great food and pleasant service!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Old-fashioned style restaurant with excellent service. We all enjoyed our meals – the gulf shrimp and salmon dishes were wonderful. This is really a great place to eat when visiting Kenyon College or stopping in the Mount Vernon area.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Historiana
Bluffton, Indiana
“Hidden Gem in Downtown”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great restaurant with historical ambiance. The food was freshly prepared and delicious. Unique offerings (asparagus and crab soup) were present on the menu along with traditional fare (fish and chips, chicken tenders). I ate there with a group of 7, and we all were thoroughly impressed, both with the food and the atmosphere. The Alcove is definitely worth your time and money.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank redhed_34
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Surprise..Fine Dining in Casual Setting”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Quite a surprise to find Fine dining in downtown Mt Vernon. Casual but very good food and service. My wife and I both had fish dinners - Salmon and Walleye. The salmon my wife had was on a base of wild rice, feta, spinach & balsamic vinegar...very tasty. My first taste of walleye was very good but my southern roots will have to get used to it. The service was very good and the wines very good too. The desserts were tasty too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank BEMJR
“My visit at alcove”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I believe this is the best Indian food you can get in USA!! The briyani is outstanding. The service was fast warm and friendly. It was excellent food, great atmosphere, and wonderful service thank you so much guys...