“Good food - Great atmosphere”
Review of Jake's

Jake's
Ranked #26 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Good food - Great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Always a choice when we visit Mt Vernon. Food is always good and fun atmosphere I always get the skillet burger which is amazing! Tuesday is half price burger night. Great deal.

• Visited March 2013

“Great Service, Amazing Food!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were in Mt. Vernon to visit my nephew who attends Kenyon College in nearby Gambier. It was Easter Sunday, and we thought we would give Jake's a try. I'm very happy to say it was a great idea! We decided on the pulled pork nochos for an appetizer which were awesome. I personally had ribs and chicken for my entree. My nephew had the prime rib, and my mother had a steak also I believe. Overall value was nothing short of amazing! The food was cooked perfectly as was delicious. Our server Kira was great! She was very attentive and had a great happy personality. I've served tables at various places throughout the years, and working on Easter was never tops on my list. Kira did a great job with our table. We will definitely be back when we visit my nephew. Thanks for the great Easter meal!

• Visited March 2013
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Ok sometimes”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hit or miss on meals of late. We use to go a lot more...something has changed. Seems like they're always out of prime rib. Probably wouldn't stray too far from burger or sirloin.

Visited February 2013
Newark, Ohio
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had went to Mt Vernon for a basketball game, as we do every year. There were four adults in our party. The place we were planning on going was no longer in operation. I called two friends that resided in Mt Vernon. One suggested Jake's. We were almost in front of it so went in. We were seated and placing our order when my other friend called me asking what I needed. I told him where we were and he laughed and said good luck. Three of us ordered the Fish and Chips. I figured for the cost it should be pretty good meal. To our surprise the fish were three little angled pieces of fish(?). They looked as to be low quality frozen things from a box found in your grocery store. To describe it , I have to say that I had better fish sticks growing up in Catholic School on Fridays. I am spoiled by getting good to excellent fish usually in the Columbus/Newark/Heath area. This was the worst meal we have experienced in many years. The service was also poor as our server never did come back to ask how the food was nor did she make herself visible for refill's on drinks. we had to hunt her down to get our bill and againfor her to take payment. And "no" they were not that busy!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Bud C
Terceira, Portugal
“I love their onion rings”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Its a tradition of mine and my Grandfathers to meet up together and enjoy some burgers and onion rings at Jakes! Even when I came back home from Europe to visit we made plans to go and enjoy a nice lunch together and catch up. I have always loved Jake's food, service, and atmosphere. My favorite item off their menu are their battered onion rings! They are so crispy, big, and fresh! Very classic country/sporty decor with plenty of seating. The price is good and the food is always cooked great and delivered in a timely manner. Would highly recommend Jake's for a family dinner or dinner with friends.

Visited December 2012