“Ok sometimes” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jake's
Ranked #18 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Ok sometimes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hit or miss on meals of late. We use to go a lot more...something has changed. Seems like they're always out of prime rib. Probably wouldn't stray too far from burger or sirloin.

Visited February 2013

Newark, Ohio
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had went to Mt Vernon for a basketball game, as we do every year. There were four adults in our party. The place we were planning on going was no longer in operation. I called two friends that resided in Mt Vernon. One suggested Jake's. We were almost in front of it so went in. We were seated and placing our order when my other friend called me asking what I needed. I told him where we were and he laughed and said good luck. Three of us ordered the Fish and Chips. I figured for the cost it should be pretty good meal. To our surprise the fish were three little angled pieces of fish(?). They looked as to be low quality frozen things from a box found in your grocery store. To describe it , I have to say that I had better fish sticks growing up in Catholic School on Fridays. I am spoiled by getting good to excellent fish usually in the Columbus/Newark/Heath area. This was the worst meal we have experienced in many years. The service was also poor as our server never did come back to ask how the food was nor did she make herself visible for refill's on drinks. we had to hunt her down to get our bill and againfor her to take payment. And "no" they were not that busy!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Bud C
Terceira, Portugal
“I love their onion rings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Its a tradition of mine and my Grandfathers to meet up together and enjoy some burgers and onion rings at Jakes! Even when I came back home from Europe to visit we made plans to go and enjoy a nice lunch together and catch up. I have always loved Jake's food, service, and atmosphere. My favorite item off their menu are their battered onion rings! They are so crispy, big, and fresh! Very classic country/sporty decor with plenty of seating. The price is good and the food is always cooked great and delivered in a timely manner. Would highly recommend Jake's for a family dinner or dinner with friends.

Visited December 2012
Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
“Never Again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have eaten here several times, each time thinking it will be better. It never is. I am just going to mention a few things that come to mind... The service leaves a lot to be desired, never quick or helpful. I ordered onion rings with my meal and received 3. We had a coupon one time and they made up some ridiculous reason why they couldn't honor it. The food is always just so, so. There are too many other restaurants out there to settle for this one.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank JerrysGirl_2000
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Not worth it, food is just not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I"ve been to this restaurant 3 times now and NEVER have had a good meal. They boast good hamburgers, but they are not. Went about 6 months ago and got a burger. The bun was so stale it literally broke apart as I picked it up. I discussed this with the waitress and all she said was sorry. Went about a week ago to try it again and was again totally dissappointed. The burger meat itself was so soft, like it had been run through a grinder 3 or 4 times, terrible texture, no flavor and tasted like it had pieces of charcoal grit on it. I will never again eat here.

• Visited January 2013