“It's just ok.”

Hunan Garden
Ranked #16 of 77 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food is good if you eat in but we have done to-go orders and the food was over cooked and burnt tasting and the next time they gave us the wrong food.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I both love Chinese food and we certainly weren't disappointed! While the food was delicious, the service was fair at best. The restaurant wasn't busy, but our server took far too long to take our order, the wait for the food was quite long and then we had to sit and wait for our check and ask for a box for take home. I noticed the other server in our area was much quicker and more attentive. I'm hoping for another server on our next visit as the food is good and I hate to mark this restaurant off our list because of one person.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This reasonably priced restaurant delivers very good, tasty food day-in and day-0ut, year-in and year-out. This family owned restaurant has won a spot in the local's heart as shown by the fact that you need to get there early if you choose to go around lunch time in order to get a table. Like another reviewer, my favorites are the egg plant and the green beans.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I guess if you think Molly Woo's and PF Chang's are good Chinese places, then you would think Hunan Garden is good too. However, if you have ANY tastebuds you will see it differently. This place is standard, drab, flavorless "Chinese" food. Very greasy, very sweet, very saucy. The restaurant itself looks quite dirty, which is a real turn off. I do not understand why this place is so popular. I guess because there is no competition in Mount Vernon and expectations are very low.

1  Thank Zeph_L
Reviewed May 21, 2012

overpriced average asian food. go elsewhere for a better deal.