“Manager off site”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Ohio
“Manager off site”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

I contacted Arika at the hotel to book my stay. She was wonderful. We arrived and found are room was nice for the price. Here are the problems I had though. My daughter is very sensitive to smoke so we booked a non smoking room. However, the hotel has the smoke smell all through the hallways leading to your room and it is heavy.
The reason I stayed was because my daughter was having surgery at the near by hospital and Arika did give me a 10% discount for that. I promised my daughter she could swim since she couldn't for a week after her surgery. We went out to eat and came back and the pool was closed. There was a problem with the chemicals. I understand they had to be safe but I asked for them to do something to reduce the price and they said I was already getting 10% off and the manager wouldn't be there until the morning. That is like saying "If you paid full price for your food and it's wrong, we will fix it. But since you had a coupon you should expect there to be a problem." My daughter was disappointed. I would stay here again if I could have a voucher for a reduced cost because of this problem.

• Liked — clean room w fridge and microwave
  • Disliked — pool down w no manager on site and smoke smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank madisonkay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bridgeport, WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2006

This place was comfortable but needs some renovations. The hotel is small and the parking is very limited. If you couldn't park by the hotel and had to park by a cell phone store next door the hotel insisted you move your car by 8:00 the next morning or the cell phone store may tow your car. Nice neighbors. When I first entered the room it smelled like bug spray. It had a recliner, but it didn't recline and the footrest was bent so it couldn't be open or closed. The bed was comfortable though. In my reservation I asked for a quiet room away from the stairwell, entrances and the main road. They gave me a room right by the stairwell and the back door. I guess they could read the main road because the letters were smaller. The staff didn't seem that bright. They were slow and not very helpful. The pool area looked nice though and it was well used. I think shelling out the extra bucks for the Holiday Inn Express down the road a half mile would be the best option if I travel that way again.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — incompetent staff
  • Tips/Secrets — go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Mount Vernon hotels

#1 of 4 in Bellville
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Super 8 Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!