“Miserable stay”

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 27, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Reserved a non-smoking room being I have lung disease and my son hates the smell and got a smoking room. Was charged one night before we even got here so I called to question it and was told my bank does that( we travel frequently so I knew better) then tried charging me for my hole stay. When my card wouldn't work I looked and noticed the charge was still there. I showed them that so far I've paid for 2-3 nights and I wasn't paying 4 He continued to argue with me. Once he realized I was right he said he wouldn't charge me for my last night(let's see when I leave). On top of it all I can't understand anything he's been saying. They charge a safe fee (we don't use) room tax (never heard of) never ever in my life again pictures online look nice, but in person horrible.

• Stayed: July 2013

1  Thank Alda B
Reviewed July 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel itelf is okay, we stayed there for our first parent's weekend when our son was a freshman last Fall. But when we tried to rebook for the next year in Fall 2013, they accidentally put the reservation in May 2013. We had no idea they had done so, as they apparently don't use email confirmation. When the erroneous charge appeared on our credit card recently, they initially said they would take care of it with a credit. But then nothing happened and when we called back the owner insisted it was our mistake and that we would have to pay. There is zero chance it was our mistake. We had no reason to be in OH in late May as our son was already gone, and worse, we have no reservation for next fall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Mohican Lodge and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!