Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center
Blue Stone Inn(Washington Court House)
$50
$70
AmeriHost Inn & Suites(Jeffersonville)
$62
$55
Comfort Inn(Grove City)
$89
$85
ComfortInn
$60
Motel 6 Grove City(Grove City)
$56
$104
$98
Travelodge Grove City / So. Columbus(Grove City)(Great Value!)
$59
$52
$120
All reviewsstate parkindoor poolgift shop isloft roomview of the lakehiking trailsfire pithot tubrafters restaurantohiodesksfireplace
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed June 3, 2005

We drove to Deer Creek Resort to check it out before booking a summer stay. I am so glad we did...The drive into the park is nice enough-- lots of wildlife, including a family of 4 deer, racoon, bunnies. We had high hopes! As we entered the lodge our first remark was that it had seen better days. We have stayed at other Ohio State park resort/lodges and do not expect 100% luxury when we book this type of vacation. Overall, we were not impressed with Deer Creek. The view from the restaurant was great-- a lake and trees-- very serene. We did not eat at the restaurant so can't comment on food. We went to check out the outdoor pool- very small for a resort of this size. A tiny round baby pool (not even big enough for parents to sit on the side while the little ones play in the play area) sat to the side of the big pool. I suppose this is why there were no good photos of any of the pools on the website! There was a very small outdoor playset for children. Some of the lodge rooms looked out to the pool area with a private balcony. First floor rooms had a concrete pad with 2 chairs and a small table, surrounded by lots and lots of mulch, and were not very private. The indoor pool was nice enough. THere was a game room with very loud/flashing arcade games and a pool table stuck in the middle. Not the best set up for a "game room" since there were no tables for playing cards or activities near the game room. There was a ping pong table in a random hallway downstairs,which we thought was odd. We were not able to see an actual room but that was ok because we had already made up our minds to stay elsewhere after viewing the pools and lodge.

Stayed: June 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2005

We stayed at Deer Creek Resort for a week back in July 2004, We absolutely LOVED it. The room was wonderful, the food was good, housekeeping was wonderful, and the pool was very clean and was open the entire time we was there. The kids had the time of there lives from playing in the indoor & outdoor pools to seeing live deer standing right beside the roadway. When I mentioned vacation this year, every member of my family said they wanted to return to Deer Creek. I give Deer Creek Resort an A+.

4  Thank Debbie S
A TripAdvisor Member
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed January 11, 2005

I spent a week at Deer Creek in summer 2004.

When we arrived we were thoroughly delighted with how well the grounds were maintained. The beach volleyball court was great, the tennis and basketball courts looked new and the hotel was lovely.

Now we had to checkin. We arrived around 6 pm and with confirmed reservations for 2 doubles and a bunk bed in a non smoking room. At first we were told that the rooms had not finished being cleaned and so we would have to wait. (It was 6 p.m.) We waited for about 45 minutes when we were sent to a smoking room. This is a problem for my family as two of the members of our party have asthma. As soom as we walked into the room we were overwhelmed with the smell of smoke. So we went back to the front desk. The girl told me that the hotel can ensure that we have a non smoking room. I said that was not acceptable as it is a health issue. So she suggested we have an air cleaner. I told her that she did not understand.. but this was a health issue and staying in a room that smelled of smoke could cause two members of our party to become very sick. So then she said that she could put us into one room... but we would have to move the next day. I agreed to this as it was getting late and we still had not had dinner.

The next day I went early to the front desk... explained my delema to the women there and told her how upset I was about this. Her name was Linda... she was wonderful and addressed my problems. I did have to pack everything up and move us to another room and it did waste half of my day... but we did have a new room that matched our reservations.

Now this resort has a great outdoor pool... but they kept closing it. Infact on a very hot and sunny day the pool was closed because they predicted rain in the afternoon and sent the life guards home. It rains for 30 minutes and then everyone wanted back in the pool.... but we could not because there were no lifeguards. People at the resort were very angry. Now wait.. this is not the only pool problem... every 45 minutes all the kids are kicked out of the pool and it is adult only swim. Okay I can live with that... except there is an indoor pool with swim lanes for adults... and during our entire stay not once were there adults swimming lengths during the adult swim times. In fact usually the pool got emptied our and sat empty for 15 minutes until the kids could go back in the pool.

So we asked the lifeguards, Why not let the kids go into the pool when no adults are using it. The lifeguard replied... " its so the lifeguards can rest". REST!!!! THERE ARE TWO OF THEM AND THEY SIT THERE AND CHAT THE ENTIRE DAY AWAY. THEY NEED MORE REST?????????

Now the kids can go to the indoor pool during this time....but the reality is that it makes enjoying the day by the pool very difficult.

Are there other problems... yes.. while the restaurant staff is very friendly... they don't know there jobs and the wait for dinner can be extremely long. Food is can be very good... or just okay.

The reality is this could be an outstanding facility... but it is badly managed. The staff are not trained properly and the resort is more intouch with convience to the staff instead of the guests there are supposed to provide service to.

Unfortunate... because the park is nice, great golf course, lots of trails, good water skiing lake. Just really needs proper staff and management.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member