My husband, 3 children (11, 8, 5 years) and I stayed at the Deer Creek State Park Lodge for Labor Day weekend 2013 and were pleased with the overall quality and very impressed with the service. Zenia at the front desk was super nice, efficient, and greeted us by name several times over the course of our stay. We ate dinner at Rafter's Restaurant in the lodge, which overlooked the lake and the food and service were very good.
Deer Creek is a beautiful state park 45 minutes south of Columbus with a 1,300 acre lake, wooded trails, a lodge and cabins for rent. The pool was a fun family pastime, as were the hiking trails. We also rented a pontoon boat from the marina and fished, picnicked and swam from the boat -- the boat experience was the highlight of the trip. We also took part in a wagon ride and water balloon toss at the lodge.
The facilities are dated and even the refurbished rooms we stayed in had some issues --- the beds and bathroom countertops had been redone, but the tile in the bathtubs were iffy and the overall feel was not luxurious --- functional facilities in a beautiful natural setting with a lot of friendly, capable employees, but not luxurious. (this is not a knock on the property, but it's not the place to go for a 5-star stay, which probably makes it more comfortable for families anyway)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by more than 3,100 tranquil acres, Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center is just 30 minutes south of Columbus, Ohio. We offer 110 guestrooms perfect for a quiet and romantic weekend getaway or a fun-filled family reunion. All lodge guestrooms have a private balcony or patio to give you a scenic view of the park, lake or outdoor pool. We also have 25 two-bedroom cottages (three with roll-in showers), each with a fully equipped kitchen, full bath, living room, dining area and a screened-in porch. Rafter's Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; the gift shop operates seven days a week. Our 18-hole championship golf course is diverse, challenging and exciting for golfers of all skill levels. Other things to do: boating, fishing, hiking, cycling, camping, and many more recreational activities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deer Creek Hotel Mount Sterling
- Deer Creek Lodge And Conference Center Ohio/Mount Sterling