“late night check in”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Gilead
Norwalk, Connecticut
“late night check in”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

By far the nicest hotel we've stayed in. pulled in after mid nite. my daughter and I had a pet in a crate and were exhausted from a drive from Kansas. to say the desk mgr was beyond nice and accommodating is an understatement! The greeting in the morning from the owners relative (I'm sure) was the same! she loved our dog, the room was wonderfully comfortable, the price was more than reasonable and the farewell was wishing us a safe trip. we visit our son in the military and drive from Connecticut to Kansas 3 times a year.
I promised this review to the young lady in the morning and I kept the promise because everything written is true! We will be back in November when we once again head out to the mid west. Bravo Best Western!

Room Tip: I would say that based on our room, you won't be dissatisfied with any room in this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GLEN T
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We appreciate your kind words, and the fact that you took time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are honored to have you as our guest and are glad to hear that we were able to make your stay satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were only in town for one night so we got the deluxe room with a jacuzzi. We booked online (which, the AAA rate was the same as the "internet only" rate so i mean why am i paying for AAA, but i digress). When I first walked in it smelled like B.O. But the actual lobby was fine. They have a game room but none of the arcade games are turned on. The room was clean and had a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was huge and the jacuzzi was great. The pool was dirty so we didn't get to swim. I would stay again but wouldn't get the really expensive room because it isn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your valuable feedback. Our staff appreciate such great comments. I do apologize for the pool. We do clean the pool everyday but being an outdoor pool it make it hard. Again, thank you so much for your kind words.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Munroe Falls, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Clean, well appointed, quiet, and near to the interstate. Friendly staff, great free breakfast. Front desk greeting was very welcoming and the owners were very considerate. Will stay here again......Thank you.

Room Tip: No elevator, two story building, ask for first floor if you cannot use the stairs...they are very ac...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ezhax
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your valuable feedback. Our staff appreciate such great comments. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations. Reviews such as yours help motivate us further to achieve higher goals. Again, thank you so much for your kind words.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We enjoyed the stay at Best Western but I had to take calming deep breaths as they checked me in... not the sharpest front desk staff ever. Nice room, decent breakfast, good location for us.

We left a very important piece of a medical device behind and the poor front desk girl had to call her manager to find out how to deal with my phone call. Further, I had to explain about 3 times what I meant by "electrical cord, the part you plug into the wall" and finally had to say "imagine you were plugging in your laptop and then, when you left, you forgot part of the plug in the wall" - that seemed to yield understanding. Also, ZERO empathy when I explained this was an important medical device... a little empathy or sense of urgency goes a long way when the customer sounds urgent. Finally, I explained that we were on road trip vacation and could come by on the way home if they found it, it wasn't until I rated them in the Best Western survey as poor that I heard back via email that they'd found the piece. However, the email said they couldn't get ahold of me, strange when there were no missed calls on the cell phone number I'd given them to call me at on our holiday.

When I arrived home in Canada AFTER our vacation and I had already picked up the piece thanks to the email response to my poor review, I found they'd left a message on my HOME phone.

SO, once again, typical Best Western (decent room, decent food) but the front desk staff... friendly YES, and they try hard but they just aren't on the ball. Even when I went to pick up the device, they thew 1000 excuses at me about emergencies, etc. and while that is lovely, customer service 101 tells me that no customer cares about WHY, they just want results. It would have sat better with me if they'd just said - "Here you go. Glad it was found as it sounded quite urgent" and I would have left happy, all the excuses almost made me think they were making it all up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our staff strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and it is disappointing to hear that we failed to deliver excellent experience while you were at our Hotel. I apologize for not getting back to you ASAP but we are glad we were able to find the item that you had left behind. I have confronted my staff in both departments regarding this matter. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future and provide you with superior customer care.
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stay here once a year for business since way back when... New management this year. The place is clean and quiet as always. Well maintained. The internet seems to have been upgraded since last year as it's faster and my room had a fridge and microwave which is a nice change. They had a small fire in the laundry room the second day I was there so a little smoke smell the rest of the week in that area (not bad). They really did a good job cleaning up very quickly after the fire and no services were interrupted, plus they checked on guests to see if we had what we needed.

The breakfast is OK. Nothing fancy. Basic and free. I would like to see them add a couple of exercise machines where the game room was removed. The thing is there is really no competition in the area, so they could let the place go and people would probably still stay there, but they never do that. It's well kept.

Room Tip: I don't like any of the restaurants in the area - not much choice, so consider buying you own fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your kind and honest comments regarding your stay. And thank you for choosing us for your stay in Mount Gilead, OH. We strive to provide every guest with excellent service and comfortable accomodations. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Finally, it was pleasure meeting you and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Ken Patel
Manager
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I checked in on April 25 2013 and as soon as i walked in i noticed a bottle of chemicals on the bathroom sink area not only that but little short pieces of hair scattered all over the sink vanity and toilet if that wasn't enough i went to make myself a cup of coffee and the filter was dirty with pieces of dirty tissue and where you poured the water was also dirty. then i peeled back the sheets to get into bed and there were long strands of black hair in between the sheets so i went to the next bed( i got two queens) and the same thing so the sheets where not even changed so disgusting i let the desk clerk know about everything and she said she would look into it she didnt offer to give my money back or to even discount the room so that will be the last time I ever stay at that Best Western in Mt Gilead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for not exceeding your expectations. I can assure you that we have taken corrective action in fixing these issues. Please know that we always strive to make sure that every guest has a pleasant experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Because we value your business, we applied a 10% discount for the stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Winnetka, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this Best Western for Kenyon College's Parents Weekend, when hotel rooms are difficult to find. Overall, we were pleased with the hotel - the decor is a bit dated, but most important to us is that the room was very clean, bedding was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The GPS issue mentioned before is a problem - I wish I'd thought to mention it to staff. Our two GPSs and iPhone could not locate the property with either posted address, which is not a problem in daylight, but it wasn't pleasant at 10:30 at night in the pitch dark.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
The Mount Vernon Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center Bellville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!