“Typical Nice Best Western experience, Slow Front Desk!”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Gilead
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We enjoyed the stay at Best Western but I had to take calming deep breaths as they checked me in... not the sharpest front desk staff ever. Nice room, decent breakfast, good location for us.

We left a very important piece of a medical device behind and the poor front desk girl had to call her manager to find out how to deal with my phone call. Further, I had to explain about 3 times what I meant by "electrical cord, the part you plug into the wall" and finally had to say "imagine you were plugging in your laptop and then, when you left, you forgot part of the plug in the wall" - that seemed to yield understanding. Also, ZERO empathy when I explained this was an important medical device... a little empathy or sense of urgency goes a long way when the customer sounds urgent. Finally, I explained that we were on road trip vacation and could come by on the way home if they found it, it wasn't until I rated them in the Best Western survey as poor that I heard back via email that they'd found the piece. However, the email said they couldn't get ahold of me, strange when there were no missed calls on the cell phone number I'd given them to call me at on our holiday.

When I arrived home in Canada AFTER our vacation and I had already picked up the piece thanks to the email response to my poor review, I found they'd left a message on my HOME phone.

SO, once again, typical Best Western (decent room, decent food) but the front desk staff... friendly YES, and they try hard but they just aren't on the ball. Even when I went to pick up the device, they thew 1000 excuses at me about emergencies, etc. and while that is lovely, customer service 101 tells me that no customer cares about WHY, they just want results. It would have sat better with me if they'd just said - "Here you go. Glad it was found as it sounded quite urgent" and I would have left happy, all the excuses almost made me think they were making it all up.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our staff strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and it is disappointing to hear that we failed to deliver excellent experience while you were at our Hotel. I apologize for not getting back to you ASAP but we are glad we were able to find the item that you had left behind. I have confronted my staff in both departments regarding this matter. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you in the future and provide you with superior customer care.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Executive Inn

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stay here once a year for business since way back when... New management this year. The place is clean and quiet as always. Well maintained. The internet seems to have been upgraded since last year as it's faster and my room had a fridge and microwave which is a nice change. They had a small fire in the laundry room the second day I was there so a little smoke smell the rest of the week in that area (not bad). They really did a good job cleaning up very quickly after the fire and no services were interrupted, plus they checked on guests to see if we had what we needed.

The breakfast is OK. Nothing fancy. Basic and free. I would like to see them add a couple of exercise machines where the game room was removed. The thing is there is really no competition in the area, so they could let the place go and people would probably still stay there, but they never do that. It's well kept.

Room Tip: I don't like any of the restaurants in the area - not much choice, so consider buying you own fo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your kind and honest comments regarding your stay. And thank you for choosing us for your stay in Mount Gilead, OH. We strive to provide every guest with excellent service and comfortable accomodations. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Finally, it was pleasure meeting you and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Ken Patel
Manager

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I checked in on April 25 2013 and as soon as i walked in i noticed a bottle of chemicals on the bathroom sink area not only that but little short pieces of hair scattered all over the sink vanity and toilet if that wasn't enough i went to make myself a cup of coffee and the filter was dirty with pieces of dirty tissue and where you poured the water was also dirty. then i peeled back the sheets to get into bed and there were long strands of black hair in between the sheets so i went to the next bed( i got two queens) and the same thing so the sheets where not even changed so disgusting i let the desk clerk know about everything and she said she would look into it she didnt offer to give my money back or to even discount the room so that will be the last time I ever stay at that Best Western in Mt Gilead.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Ken P, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for not exceeding your expectations. I can assure you that we have taken corrective action in fixing these issues. Please know that we always strive to make sure that every guest has a pleasant experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Because we value your business, we applied a 10% discount for the stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this Best Western for Kenyon College's Parents Weekend, when hotel rooms are difficult to find. Overall, we were pleased with the hotel - the decor is a bit dated, but most important to us is that the room was very clean, bedding was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The GPS issue mentioned before is a problem - I wish I'd thought to mention it to staff. Our two GPSs and iPhone could not locate the property with either posted address, which is not a problem in daylight, but it wasn't pleasant at 10:30 at night in the pitch dark.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TJH7363
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here with friends recently, renting two rooms and I give this place top ratings for comfort, cleanliness and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was as good as most and I thought the cost of the rooms was quite low, I should add that we were all seniors. I have stayed here before many years ago and I was delighted with all the improvements they have made.
The only suggestion I have for those who are not familiar with the area...we had trouble with three GPS's...none could find the address and took us on a merry old chase through the dark country back roads before we found a native who could help us. A different address for the GPS might be helpful.

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with a fridge, so if this is required ask for it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marlene M
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The hotel was clean, but had a funny smell to it. We thought it might just be the hallway, but it was our room as well. It the middle of the night the a/c wouldn't kick on and the room got warm. The t.v. channel selection was very slim. There wasn't a single channel with kids shows on it. The staff was friendly and the beds slept well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
russ s, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear sir, Plaese accept my apology for the smell in the hotel. Normally we don't have this issue unless some one had smoked through the hotel & room. No other guest had this kind of situation that could alarm us. We do have a discovery channel but will take your input and chage to cartoons for children chanel.

Sincerely

Russ shah
Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here for our annual road trip back East. Check in was easy, and they offered the rewards program. It seems the price has gone up quite a bit, we had paid around $75 in the past and this time it was like $95. It's a good clean place to stay, but getting pricey.

Room Tip: No pets allowed
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valorie H
russ s, Owner at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

your input is very helpful and will be given a cosideration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Gilead
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center Bellville
Super 8 Mt. Vernon
Super 8 Mt. Vernon
#5 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!