All reviewsthe ohio turnpikefront deskfree breakfastbreakfast barmorning breakfastgreat roommini fridgerooms are clean and comfortabletwo room suiteperfect stayindoor pooloatmealwould stay here againfresh fruitgreat place to staystaff was friendlyhie
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I travel extensively through the U.S. and a few years ago, I decided to stay in Holiday Inn Express wherever possible. The rates are competitive, rooms clean, service great and I like the breakfast area they all have. The decour is pretty much the same at all locations and beleive it or not, it makes me feel a little more at home when I check into a Holiday Inn Express. I enjoy going to the fitness room when I travel and usually find that of the 3-4 pieces of workout equipment the Holiday Inn Express has, usually, one piece is out of order. With my recent stay, this particular hotel has 3 pieces of workout equipment of which one was out of order. I guess it's a small thing but it just throws off my entire stay. I like the Holiday Inn Express but please lets see some upgrade to the excercise equipment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on the night of June 1, 2012. We arrived at 9:00pm on this Friday night. Check in was ok but when we got to the room, the key did not work so we went down to get one that worked. When we go to the room, the channel directory for the tv guide was out of date and not accurate so i called the front desk to find out what channel HBO was on. Front desk person was not sure they hotel even had HBO and led us to believe the hotel did not. I noticed an HBO schedule in the drawer and called back down and asked why there was a directory when there was no HBO. Front desk person said she did not know and finally decided there was HBO but did not know what channel. I persisted and she must have been talking to a guest and the guest told us what channel. The front desk person also gave us wrong directions to the grocery store. Really disappointed in this hotel and we will not stay there again until the management improves. Pillows are all old and flat, usually we get bottles of water and did not. Just not a good experience at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

As noted by the other travelers, this is a reasonably priced, clean and comfortable hotel. However, this day and age I'm surprised when hotels allow smoking which this one does and on the night i was there someone was smoking enough to permenate the entire floor I was on.
If you can live with the occasional smoking neighbor, then I highly recommend this hotel. It is very well cared for and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed in Montpelier for a family graduation. First, I left my purse at the desk and Matt, the friendly desk man, was calling the room to let me know as we were walking in. Later that evening, he arranged the breakfast room for the family ( all 18 of us) to use it as a meeting area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The personal touches meant a lot to us.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My family and I have had to make a lot of last minute trips this spring, and twice we have stayed at HI Expresses. For some reason my husband shies away from them ("Too business like" he always says) but our last two experiences have been great! So for this HI Express, I loved the layout. The bathroom and entry were very wide and it made the entire room seem more spacious. Quiet room, decent beds. Great breakfast and reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family