“Stone Creek...A Stone's Throw from Perfection”
Review of Stone Creek

Stone Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE corner of Cooper Road and Montgomery Road
Description: Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Stone Creek Dining Company - Montgomery opened in August 2007. Like all of the other CRG Stone Creek Dining Company locations, our Montgomery location blends elegance and comfort with incredible food and excellent service. The varied menu includes a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, seafood, pastas, steaks, chops and chicken. The luxurious decor and ideal location makes an ideal setting for business meetings, romantic evenings or family meals. In addition to the innovative menu, you can choose from our extensive wine list or order from the full service bar. With a foundation of superior service and quality, our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests - we look forward to serving you. Our Montgomery locations offers convenient underground parking and is located across from the Montgomery fountain.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

What we love:
1. They take reservations & honor them and don't hustle you off to the bar or force you to wait. Our table was exactly what we asked for (a quiet booth for 4).
2. Convenience. We live in Blue Ash so it's 10 minutes from our home but it's easily accessible from everywhere. At the corner of Montgomery & Cooper you can be here in minutes
3. Menu choices. There's something for everyone from salads, burgers, steaks, fish. Tons of gluten free choices and low cal choices.
4. Price. Very fair for the location and quality of food. $9 appetizers, $10 burgers, $25 Saturday evening specials including a salad or soup.
5. Bread and the dipping oil. Fabulous. Fresh.
6. Extensive wine list that won't break the bank but again has choices from a nice $28 bottle of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc to a Mt. Veeder cab for $75.
7. Desserts to be shared. The brownie ice cream is enough for 4 people
8. Friendly efficient knowledgeable wait staff who don't hurry you through a meal.
9. A fun lively bar if you decide that you just want drinks or want a change of scenery after dinner.
10. If you don't like Stone Creek's bar and want to jump 2-3 notches down walk across the street to Village Tavern on the opposite corner

What we'd change:
1. Parking - I suppose valet is cost prohibitive but I'd pay $5 to drive up and just leave my car with a valet and not struggle to find a place in the garage below the restaurant. (SUGGESTION: if you're with a group or you want to impress your date or friends...drop them off at the door, let them get the table and get situated and you hunt for a parking spot especially if it's a busy Friday or Saturday evening). If you've never been here and aren't familiar with the area you will be frustrated. You can see the restaurant but you have no idea where to park so you have to figure out that the entrance to the parking garage (free) below the restaurant is off of Main Street. You could also opt for parking across the street in designated public parking. Parking spaces are tiny (you won't park your SUV here). You take the elevator up a flight or 2 depending on where you park assuming you'll be in a common building lobby with easy restaurant access. WRONG (so don't leave your coat or umbrella in your car). You'll exit the building and need to walk outside north along Montgomery Road about 200 feet to the restaurant entrance.

Our recent Saturday evening dinner @ 6:45 found the restaurant and bar almost full so we liked the vibe. Busy but not insane. Our appetizers, soups, salads and entree's were all prepared as requested and served appropriately meaning what was supposed to be hot was hot and cold was cold. Our Mahi mahi was nicely prepared and served over an abundance of risotto (a little too salty but enjoyable). Next time I would definitely make sure that we were the ones adding the salt! We never had to ask for more water or bread and our table was serviced perfectly.
We shared a bottle of 4 (party of 3), appetizer, dinner specials...we were stuffed for a little over $120. Not bad for Saturday night out.

We'll be back often!

1  Thank Linda R

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am not sure if it was due to the wall surfaces or just the fact that everyone there talked like they were at a rock concert. My wife and I could not carry on a conversation sitting across the table from one another. Our table was on the opposite end of the restaurant from the bar so that was not to blame. Food was good but nothing fantastic. I travel to the Blue Ash area on business on average once a month so I dine out often in the surrounding areas, Stone Creek did not make my top ten list.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Half priced wine Monday night! Great food, great service, and great bread!! My boyfriend always takes me here. Their wine list is great too!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I absolutely love this place. The ambiance is great, particularly in the bar. The food is extremely consistent. If you order the same thing 20 times, it will come out perfect 19, and the one left over will be pretty good at the very least. You'd be hard pressed to find better dining, especially at this price point anywhere else.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently ate at Stone Creek with a large group. Our service was outstanding. My appetizer, the baked goat cheese, was incredible. I ate the chicken sandwich for dinner which was just ok. I obviously choose the wrong dinner. Everybody in our group was impressed.

1  Thank Steven G