“Best new restaurant experience I have ever had, service, atmosphere and tasty fresh food!”
Review of Red Onion - CLOSED

Red Onion
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I live several miles away. I read about this place in the Cincinnati city magazine. The atmosphere is cozy and the decor is trendy and inviting. What I tell everyone about is the cool "penny bar" the bar has all these beautiful copper shiny pennies underneath the glass. Now let's get to the food. I ordered crab cakes and they were perfect. My salad was crispy and fresh and I ordered the house dressing. My entre was coconut shrimp tacos and was not only delicious it was also artfully presented. This was one meal that was a real delight!! I would not hesitate to go back!

West Chester, Ohio
“Red Onion Review - Special Dinner”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

2-14-2012
I'm finally getting around to my review. My husband and I shared our 2012 Valentines day dinner at the Red Onion in Monroe, Ohio. We were aware there might be a wait, since the seating is limited. Why anyone would want to go back puzzles me.

My husbands dinner was one of the "specials", scallops garnished with 4 uncooked green beans. The scallops were ice cold and and to be sent back to the kitchen. My dinner consisted of a butterflied pork chop which to be fair, was very thick and juicy.

The other issue was the parking. The lot next to the restaurant belongs to the facility above them, after an announcement, my husband had to drive out and repark the car on the street.

Way too pricey for that atmosphere. MY ADVICE, If you are willing to drive a little farther north, try an AWESOME RESTAURANT called Rue Dumaine near Centerville, Ohio. Great candlelight dinner with friends and didn't wait long at all though it was a packed house.

ruedumainerestaurant.com‎

Respectfully,
Hard working YP

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank HardWorkingYP
Richmond, Kentucky
“Cozy little dive”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

One of the best meals we had on a recent vacation. The restaurant is a hidden gem minutes from the I-75 exit. Salads were wonderful and fresh with a delightful house-made herb vinaigrette dressing. My vegetarian husband said the hummus was the best ever! I loved the Pita chips that were served with it. I ordered penne with marinara and fresh sautéed vegetables -- not on the menu. They not only met the challenge but exceeded expectations!

• Visited June 2012
Trenton, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, however a little pricy for lunch”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

No complaints about the food. Everything was tasty! The place is very small and not some place I would have ever visited without a reference. Turned out to be delicious! We went for lunch and the prices were definitely on the high side. It is very easy to spend $20 for lunch for one person. I will visit again but it won't be a place a visit often just because I don't like to spend that much at lunch time.

Visited March 2012
Monroe, OH
“Great food, cozy atmosphere. Highly recommended!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Small, cozy. Weekends can be tough to get a booth. Worth the wait, former chef at La Maisonette has a great standard menu as well as frequent themed menus. Tasty with nice presentation. Dishes run from $8 and up.

• Visited May 2012