“Not to friendly”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Monroe
ohio
“Not to friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

The hotel was clean , but the staff did not seem to care if they had any buissnes or not . They where not to friendly and in some parts rude. Not the greatest atmospere to stay in and spend your money . there are other hotels out there where you get gtreated better.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank torwart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Middletown, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

My experience in this hotel were mostly good and the staff was very friendly and helpful however I also had a similar problem when using my credit card to pay for my room, instead of getting charged the normal rate I was almost double charged but I was told that this is a frequent mistake that happens and that the extra funds would return in two business days so my advice is to just pay cash for your room if you can to avoid this problem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eddie1985
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

Non smoking room smelled very smokey and musty. Old and dingy bed coverings.

• Stayed September 2010
5 Thank Mf1609
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

I had a great stay at Comfort inn. I travel a lot and I have never stayed in such a great hotel for such a low price. The stuff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, elegant and at the same time very cozy. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank stevebriggs55
columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stay at the Comfort Inn Monroe at least four times a month and have always had consistent quality and friendly service above and beyond what is required! It is very fairly priced and the rooms are more than adaquately updated. I have never had an issue with non-smoking rooms having any smokey odors and the towels and linens are always crisp and clean. I have recommended this hotel to numerous associates and friends and they have always enjoyed thier stay. Highly reccomended!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tterb45
Madison,WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

This is the grossest hotel I've ever seen. The lobby looked dingy. When we got of the elevator, the halls had webs in the corners and dead bugs in the lights. There were stains on the wallpaper. The smell of smoke was overwhelming in our NON-SMOKING room. The dresser looked like somebody spilled all over it. The bathroom floor was sticky. The towels were dirty and had hair on them. I never turned the bed, so I have no idea what the sheets were like. NASTY! We ended up staying at a friend's house. Lucky for us. I don't think I'd have slept a wink if I had to stay there. I DO NOT recommend. Sleep in your car.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
7 Thank mami34
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

I will preface by saying my husband and I stayed here a couple months before our May stay, and were pleased. Hence our desire to stay again.

In semi-short. Our reservation was lost. The fellow checking us in had no interest in our confirmation number. We were way over charged. Still working to get these charges removed.

This hotel charges over a dollar a minute for LOCAL calls as well.

Have a nice time.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Amy093
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Wave Hotels
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#4 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Comfort Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!