“Very Clean; sad breakfast, water and linens.”

Best Western Monroe Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monroe
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Very Clean; sad breakfast, water and linens.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family in this area, we were allowed to have my sister's Puggle also stay with us for an extra $10. The staff was friendly. Very happy with the cleanliness of the room and laundry. I was told by our family that this hotel was recently remodeled. However, the water pressure was awful. It would take me forever to even get the temperature right. I could tell when the water would get colder when other people used a toilet. We needed an extra towel, because there was three of us in one room. Talked with 3 different staff who said the didn't have any and needed to use two floor towels. Breakfast was supposed to be open till 10AM, but it was done by 9:30. I did catch some before then and it wasn't anything that great. Got sick from hot dogs served at lunch when we arrived, they did look questionable so it was probably my fault for eating them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jigisha S, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the Best Western: Monroe Inn. We are glad to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms - we work very hard to ensure each room is spotless when our guests check-in. However, we are saddened to hear we did not meet all of your expectations. We work diligently to see that every guests' needs are met or exceeded and your review will help us towards that goal. Our breakfast time has always been 6:00-9:00am, I am unsure why you thought it was supposed to be open until 10:00am - perhaps there was a miscommunication between you and our front desk staff and I would like to apologize for that inconvenience. I also want to apologize for your experience with the towels, the shower, and our evening snacks. I will look into how we can better our services for the future. I hope to see you again soon so we can have to opportunity to better serve you!

Once again, thank you for your review,
Jigisha Shah, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sterling Heights, Mi
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The friendly staff is more then willing to help with anything The inn has been remodeled and everything very clean and comfortable. We would definitely recommend this inn as a stopping off place . The only downfall is there is really no restaurant other than fast food. I would recommend you eat your dinner prior to arrival unless you want fast food.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back are a little noisy due to the gas station.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Shir_8
Jigisha S, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello,
I want to thank you for taking time and writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Once again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
London, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western on April 14, 2013 on our way to Florida from Canada. We made a point of staying there for our first stop as we had stayed there in September 2012 as well and had remembered it as being newly updated, 100% non-smoking and clean. We had the pleasure of being checked in by Wanda who greeted us with a smile and was a delight to deal with. The complimentary breakfast provided us with a wide selection of items, hot and cold. We have no complaints and this location will always be our first choice if we need to stop-over in Ohio along the I-75.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Grateful123
Jigisha S, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hello,
I want to thank you for taking time and writing review foe Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy that you liked our breakfast. I hope to see you again here at Best Western. Once again thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Staff was friendly,helpful and fun. The room was nice, tastefully decorated and spotless, everything working as expected. Breakfast was great. It was a totally uneventful stay. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MaggieandMik
Jigisha S, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hello,
I wan to thank you for writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very pleases you enjoyed your stay at here. We take great pride in making sure our guests have comfortable stay at our hotel. I am very excited to here you liked our breakfast, I hope to see you again at Beat Western.
Avon, Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Easy access from I 75 - excellent with well maintained facility- Jigi the mgr is a pleasure to work with and asks for customers opinions about the facility. Excellent breakfast a welcome change from waffles. Would definitely stay again - accessed the mobility adapted room which was very easy to use and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pat K
Hello,
Thank you for writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy you liked our breakfast. I hope to see you again at Best Western and thank you for staying with us.
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Monroe, Ohio on April15, 2013 and had a memorable time. The general manager Jigi was fantastic to deal with as well as Wanda the other staff member on evenings, hats off to them both. We chatted with them both at length and they really made our stay fun. They made us feel so welcome, it was like being at home. They put out a number of items after 5pm like pizza, cupcakes, pie and cookies for everyone to enjoy which was unexpected and a nice treat to have. The breakfast items were the usual that Best Western has,..with the bagels, muffins, scrambled egg patties, yogurt, and ham along with Tassimo coffee, juices and other items. This hotel was pet friendly which is the way we travel having a large dog, so we had a first floor room which was convenient. Even though our room faced the road, it was quiet during the night and the fridge was quiet too,..as I am a light sleeper. The only thing which I noticed was a stale smell of cigarette smoke which was probably from years ago as I believe the whole hotel is non-smoking now,..otherwise the room was clean and adequate with the fridge and microwave for our late night popcorn. We will return there for sure when we travel back down south from Canada.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank OntarioTravellers684
Hello,
I want to thank you for writing for writing a great review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very happy your stay was very comfortable and you liked our hotel. I am very pleased that you liked your room, our night snacks, and breakfast. We take great pride in making sure our guests enjoy their stay. I hope to see you again. Once again thank you for a review and staying with us at Best Western.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#3 of 4 in Monroe
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Best Western Mason Inn

Been to Best Western Monroe Inn? Share your experiences!