“Spatzel & Snitzel galore! Oh My...............”

The Chalet in the Valley
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Millersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice Swiss, German eatery that's reasonably priced. Right across from Gussisberg cheese. Lovely desserts as well.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was curious to try out this restaurant with such rave reviews. The warm pretzel breadsticks were AMAIZING. I would have even taken a half dozen home. My companion and I were given a basket of 2. When we asked for more, we were told they would be 60 cents---which did not end up on the bill. My dining partner asked if mustard was available for the pretzel sticks and was abruptly told NO! Very odd that they would have NO mustard, although our server was apparently new and perhaps 14 years old. We ordered the veal and pork schnitzels, which were about $16 each. They weren't the best I've had but certainly the most expensive for a thin piece of pan fried meat. The spaetzel was very good but the serving was a mere half a cup. the chicken spaetzel soup was yummy too. Best get soup/salad bar as side with dinner for unlimited soup as the cup was quite small. A rare place in the area open on Sundays.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although some of the prices were high, our waitress was amazing, very accomodating for our toddler and that was worth the extra expense. The fondue was great, the pretzel breadsticks to DIE for. I ordered schnitzel (the more 'classic' one, I forget which it was) and it was great. I got it with cottage cheese and broccoli hollandaise, and that, along with the bread and the fondue was enough for myself and my son (who is a big eater). My hubby was happy with his rueben, as well.

1  Thank Megan B
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The girls visited Sugarcreek and the surrounding area while we had an appointment at the Holmes Co. Library. They enjoyed the food and decor at the Chalet and cheese factory.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant has 3 different rooms to serve you. They offer a salad bar which is very good plus a very nice menu to choose from. The fish dinners are very well prepared, serving both baked and fried entrees. The portions are generous, so be careful to save room for their delicious desserts. Service is good and Carmella the waitress offers plenty of smiles.

1  Thank Jean O