“Absolutely wonderful place to stay!”

The Inn at Honey Run
Ranked #4 of 12 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Westerville, OH
“Absolutely wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn at Honey Run for our wedding anniversary. it was completely delightful! The inn itself is lovely, quiet and serene, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We did enjoy a marvelous dinner in the restaurant--the quality of our meal easily compared with any fine dining experiences I've had on either coast, not to mention Central Ohio. The duck was especially good! Our room was beautifully furnished and extremely clean and comfortable. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2010

This is not your average hotel or inn. It's like a bed and breakfast with resort amenities but larger than the typical B&B. The staff is incredible! From the smiles at the front desk, to the housekeeping staff. Everyone wants to fill your every need. The restaurant had the best food at the most reasonable prices. I don't know what that Chef did to cook his vegetables but usually my vegetables are left on the plate. I wish I would have ordered JUST vegetables. Fireplaces, hiking trails, a spa where my husband and I had a couples massage that rivaled one of the best we've ever had anywhere in the world. We played 18 holes of golf on a wonderful course 5 min. drive from the Inn. I just can't say enough about this Inn "tucked away in the woods" in Amish Country. But don't expect AMISH food or service at this lavish Inn. What a bargain! We can't wait to go back with our friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed in the honeycombs for our 32nd wedding anniversary. The inn staff surprised us with a bottle of champagne in our room! Wonderful, cozy room literally tucked in the hillside. Peaceful views from the patio. The continental breakfast with fresh breads and fruit was delivered to our door at the time we requested. They even called ahead to make sure it was ok to deliver it! The treetop lounge was the best- literally playing pool and relaxing next to the treetops. Dinner in the restaurant was fine dining without the snobby waitstaff. The lower level of the main lodge has some fun games- we especially liked "boccerball". We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed here July 5, one night with wife and another couple. Compared to state lodges, this property is comparable in some ways, but the rooms and furnishing, public areas and artwork are all upgrades. The rooms are big. We had 123 and 125. Neither had a balcony, and we didn't miss it. 125 is a corner room with big windows looking out in two directions to the forest, and had very comfortable chairs. The A/C is good, and sitting outside didn't seem to appeal, as the many public balconies were empty, so we had our own good conversation in the room. 125 has a bath/shower. 123, a bit smaller, had shower (a rather narrow one) only. Beds and linens were good. Furnishing and art work around were excellent. And wow, is this place quiet! I know there were other guests, but we didn't see them or hear them much except at included-continental breakfast. Not much to do on the property. There are short (less than a mile) nature walks. Beer and wine available except on Sunday. Dining room is rather plain, but with the big windows. Sunday is buffet-only at dinner which was limited choice and OK. Maybe the place is different if they have a group staying, or on nights they serve alcohol.

Conclusion: Fine rather luxe getaway for city dwellers, especially older couples not looking for nightlife. Not so fine for kids, teens or serious hikers. Great place for business or church retreats.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunbu
KaroleB, Manager at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Thank you so much for your fine review of Honey Run! Yes, we offer a quiet venue! Serenity is what we are known for. A quiet get away from the hussle and bustle of everyday life!
Please come and stay again and look for our Fireside Programs offered in the winter season after our Sunday buffet dinner!
Karole Butler
Director of Guest Services
Dundee, OH
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We just dined at the inn last night and had a fabulous dinner. We started the meal with a few appetizers. The mushroom pastry was outstanding and the pasta with pork was both unusual and delicious. The portions were generous and we enjoyed sharing them.

We had three different salads on the table and, while I can't speak for anyone's but mine, they all looked fresh and colorful. My caesar salad was very tasty and crisp.

We had a variety of entrees and everyone ranted and raved about theirs. Two of us had the salmon and I can say from personal experience that it was outstanding. I am still thinking about that meal! It was a beautiful, large piece of perfectly cooked salmon resting atop a delicious chowder full of corn, red pepper, and potatoes. Very unusual! My husband had the halibut over couscous and our friends had the pork loin and the butcher block cut of beef. Everyone was very pleased with their meal.

Though we were nearly stuffed, we couldn't pass on dessert. It was really a tough call, but I went with the upside down apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. I was not disappointed! The pie was warm and tasty and not gooey and gummy the way apple pie can sometimes be. My husband and friend had the creme brulee and deemed it the best they'd ever had. Another friend had the lemon bar with assorted citrus fruits to accompany it and it looked fantastic. I'll definitely be ordering that the next time. Our remaining diner had a hot fudge sundae and practically licked his bowl.

The service and atmosphere were perfect and, all in all, it was a wonderful evening. We will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We just returned on 4/30/10 and everything was great! We stopped & looked around at this inn about 3 years ago and wanted to try it and finally did. I read several reviews on here concerning the inn & the restaurant and I admit I was a little nervous, given what some other people had posted, now I know they were either lying or were having a bad day, of their own doings, or just never stayed in this area before. We usually stay at the Inn at Amish Door in Wilmot. I will be as brief & to the point as I can. Is the inn & the furniture in the rooms "dated", yes. Is it "worn out" or "trashy looking", absolutely not. Is it a place with lots of "nightlife" or a bar open until 2AM, no. There is a bar area downstairs, but I believe it is only open until 10PM on Friday & Saturday, and that is only if there is enough businees to warrant staying open that late. There is nowhere in all of Holmes County that is like that to my knowledge, if you want nightlife, stay somewhere in Columbus. It's very quiet & peaceful & if you like bird watching, you'll love it. We stayed in the executive suite, room 127. According to their rules at the inn, the fireplace in this room and any others, is usually only allowed to be used between 10/01 & 4/30, unless it is unusally cold & damp in early May, then you should check with the front desk. There are about 25 channels or so on the TV, not 3 or 4 as previous posts suggest, they are older TV's, no flat screens, no digital, there are remotes, for both the TV & VCR/DVD player, reception on some of the channels is so-so, while others are clear. You do not go to a place like this to watch TV anyway, again, if that is your deal, stay in Columbus. There is no pool, indoor or outdoor, there are other places to stay in the area if you want that. They have some hiking trails, maybe 2 miles, or a little less, all total. They have a nice outdoor grilling area that is used I believe from 6/01 until 8/31 or maybe Labor Day weekend, usually with a singing group making an appearance(not the Stones or Aerosmith, again, Columbus is your destination for that), they say that reservations are usually required, it fills up fast. The restaurant area also is where the continental breakfast is served in the mornings. No, a continental breakfast does not consist of omlettes or bacon & sausage & hashbrowns. You can order that from the breakfast menu if you want, but the continental breakfast has a nice selection of fruit, they have several juices, oatmeal, small boxes of cereal, coffee cake, muffins and breads. We did not have lunch there but we did have dinner. I would say there are no more than 20 tables in the restaurant and a previous post stated that they had "terrible" service due to only 2 servers being on duty. If there were 3 servers on duty, somebody would be extremely bored, the place isn't that big. Except for maybe a group or business meeting or the occasional weekend evening, there is no way that this place is "packed" on any given night of the week or weekend, and 2 servers could easily handle the volume. The food is enough to fill you up. Is it expensive? Yes. It probably has to be for them to be able to maintain a restaurant on site, virtually in the middle of nowhere. The food we ordered was excellent. The service was excellent, they also serve alcohol in the restaurant. If you want cheaper, stay at the Berlin Village Inn and eat at the Burger King across the street, but do not blame the inn for what you cannot afford. Do your homework before you book reservations, any reservations, anywhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Portwolf
Chambersburg, Pa
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I had couples messages. The website is very misleading. The spa is nothing but a small room (one shown with class sealing), restroom (very out dated), and a desk with a few chairs (as the lobby area). We were led to believe that this is a high class spa...it is not! This was the worst message I have ever had. The masseuse was late, came in, got cloths out of a closet, went into another room to change, then was "ready" to give messages. His hands were dirty like a mechanic and rough just the same. They claim he is certified but from my message I would say not. Too personal too explain. After complaining to the front desk, they refunded my message. My husband said his message was "ok". He has had 2 other messages and said those were much better. I was looking for relaxation and muscle tension relief. I left there stressed and with tighter muscles.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ljpilgrim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
#2 of 4 in Millersburg
Zinck's Inn
Zinck's Inn
#2 of 4 in Berlin

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!