We purchased a promotional package through Travelzoo-$239 for 2 nights in an "upgraded superior room" with welcome bottle of sparking wine and cheese tray, wine and appetizer each night during "happy hour" and "continental" breakfast each morning. I am glad that I did not read all of the reviews prior to going there as I might have been a bit apprehensive about what we would get. Instead, I thought it was one of the nicer getaways we have taken (and we travel a lot). We didn't find the reception staff to be unfriendly at all; the room on the lower floor was very comfortable with a nice sitting area with comfortable lounger chairs near big windows with a wooded view; the sparkling wine was fine and the cheese tray was adequate enough to serve as a light dinner our first evening, after enjoying the appetizers and wine beforehand. I enjoyed the complimentary biscotti for my dessert in the evening. I thought the continental breakfast was more than adequate - oatmeal, choice of pastry, coffee, juice and fresh fruit. We enjoyed dinner in the dining room our 2nd evening and my salmon was delicious. Admittedly, it was a bit pricey ($28 for an entree plus an extra $5 for a side dish), but the portion size was good and the entrees were served with a very good salad. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We appreciated the wooded setting and many walking trails. It would be nice sometime to stay in one of the honeycomb rooms that were nestled into a hillside separate from the main inn and dining room.
There is a lot to do and see in the area. We were there on a Wednesday and took advantage of the auction in Mt. Hope - everything from produce to livestock was being auctioned off. The little towns of Berlin and Sugar Creek are well worth a visit. I particularly liked the bulk food stores and Heini's cheese shop.
Based on our experience, I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn, particularly if you can get one of the promotional package deals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the rolling hills in the heart of the Ohio Amish Country, the Inn at Honey Run is a serene oasis of nature and wildlife, comfort and privacy, fine dining and warm hospitality. Located in Holmes County, between the villages of Millersburg and Berlin, Ohio, we are located within two hours of Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. Our country estate offers a peaceful retreat from life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Honey Run reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Honey Run Hotel Millersburg
- Honey Run Inn
- The Inn At Honey Run Ohio/Millersburg