“Great food, not so great room”

The Inn at Honey Run
Ranked #4 of 12 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great food, not so great room”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as our “babymoon” and we were really looking forward to it. The first issue we ran into was no GPS service in the area so we took a very long route to get there. Luckily the Inn gave us great directions to get home. All the staff were warm and friendly. The room had a beautiful picture corner window but this made the room chilly on one side and hot on the other. The TV would freeze on and off so it was really hard to watch anything. We paid close to $260 for one night so I expected everything in working order. We also had a guest next door who was coughing and we could hear them like they were in our room (we had a shared door). When I told the front desk about the TV they just thanked me for letting them know, nothing else. Dinner was great, service was wonderful. View was gorgeous. Breakfast was ok, we should have ordered off the menu and not just the continental that came with the room. I was also sad that they have a bunch of great spa packages available that are not on the website! They even had a babymoon package that we would have loved! All in all it was nice to get away but I felt the $400 we spent could have gone a bit further somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try the honeycombs for complete privacy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CleveMama
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your review, and congratulations on the new addition to your family. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your dining in Tarragon, and the service was warm and friendly. The front desk remotely resets guests televisions upon any interference report; I apologize that this was not properly communicated to you. I can assure you we worked diligently in correcting the issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Leetonia, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I were scheduled to stay two nights at The Inn at Honey Run in June, 2012. The well at this facility failed and the staff failed to inform us. As I was showering, filthy brown water began to pour out all over me. My husband got no shower at all. Needless to say, our planned activities for the day were much less pleasurable in the 90+ degree heat. We returned later in the day and were advised that the well was not yet repaired. We decided to leave as they could not guarantee when we would have water again. I realized that this breakdown was out of the control of the facility, but we were comped nothing. We had already paid for two nights with a Groupon, but they refused to refund anything to us. I also felt that the restaurant was over-priced.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank adamsreed
Thank you for your review. This isolated incident was brought to our attention by our guests who were encountering the issue, and we have since made the necessary repairs to prevent any future water discoloration. Notifying the desk as soon you happen upon anything that is out of the ordinary assists us in correcting the issue, identifying solutions, and returning you back to a restful and relaxing stay. We would love to book your future stay as a way of apologizing for this incident; refunds are not possible when you are pre-paying through another source, and we suggest you contact those vendors if you are seeking a monetary refund.
Fairlawn, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I spent a wonderfully and relaxing few days right before the Inn at Honey Run in Millersburg. As a solo traveler, I really like inns and bed and breakfasts where I can relax and have fun on my own, and where the staff bends over backward to be friendly and warm.

This year, I spent two nights right before Thanksgiving at The Inn at Honey Run. The spa facility was fabulous--I had a great massage. The decor in the spa area and the inn itself had been updated since my last visit, and was very chic, yet blended well with the outdoor/country feel of the surrounding Amish country.

But I was most impressed with the new chef (wow) and the updated and very trendy dining menus. There's still plenty of good food, but it's country comfort gone upscale. You're pampered from the minute you step in to the dining room until the dessert and coffee is whisked away. Athe wine list was amazing. And Thanksgiving lunch--which they were serving to hoards of happy diners--was fabulous.

I made my reservation for a return trip for the week of Thanksgiving next year as I was checking out. This pilgrimage will definitely be an annual event for me!

Wendy Bartlett

Room Tip: there isn't a bad room in the place. I've been there several times over the years, and have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank WendyKaye
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

An online deal persuaded me to take advantage of this Inn. The snow was slowly falling as we drove in..just like a postcard--lovely and inviting.

My GF and I began our stay with $50 towards wonderful massages by Carol and Gerald. We ordered room service--the Chicken salad was tasty..tomato soup and onion soups were hearty.. and the complimentary breakfast had oatmeal, fresh fruit in January..and sweet potato muffins..YUM!!

We could have stayed in the honeycombs, which seemed unique but rather chose the loft room with separate sleeping arrangements. They have cleverly placed 2 beds in a sunken living area with 2 smaller easy chairs..for privacy and separation. Would be great , also, for kids.

Cute towns nearby offer Amish eateries or shopping. Or, sit by the fire, hike the property, play pool or feed the birds ..however you choose to relax it is easily accomplished here.

You 'll love it!

• Stayed February 2013
Willoughby, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Beautiful weekend in the hills of Millersburg. The Inn was warm and inviting, rooms were spacious and clean. The hot applecider welcomed us for a weekend stay Feb 1-3. Wish we could have stayed longer. The continental breakfast was perfect, fresh fruit, oatmeal and pastries. It was very quiet and relaxing. The spa was beautiful and relaxing. My guy enjoyed his deep tissue massage, well worth the money. Snowed all weekend which made the weekend more enjoyable to enjoy the indoors.

Room Tip: no frig or microwave, bummer. We stayed on 3rd floor with skylights. Hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't know where to begin. We love the Inn at Honey Run and have been guests at least two dozen times but needed to stop going because of cost. We were thrilled to get an $89 special rate for Sunday night. Approaching the Inn I relived pleasant memories of past vacations. Times when I took our Eagle Scout boys individually to explore the woods and work on merit badges, scrapbooking on the large coffee table in the lower level and just special times with my husband. It had only been two years since our last visit but what a difference. Pros - the room was beautiful as usual and quite comfortable. Cons - We recognize this has gone up-scale and no more days spent with the homeyness and sweetness of Marge. In fact, smiles were replaced with frowns. Were we upsetting staff by our presence and the fact that they needed to be there? Mind you, we were very low maintainance and didn't ask for anything except a working TV set which never did work but we came for nature, right? But it would have been nice to spend the dark evening with a little TV. We used to love the restaurant and I have worn out all my cookbooks from the Inn. We had a 6:30 appt. and it appeared we were once again putting staff out of their way by being there. This time we split a meal to cut down on cost and to help out not having to prepare two separate meals. The continental breakfast was much better and the waitress even talked with us a little. We wanted to sneak out at check out for fear we would be asked how things were, but not to worry, we weren't asked. The place has definitely had a face lift. Seemed sterile and cold, not warm and comfortable like before. Even the fireplaces weren't lit. Will not be back. We will hold the past memories of former visits in our hearts and minds and that will be it. We won't be back. Honestly, we didn't feel welcomed. I feel I need to apologize for being an inconvience to staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
21 Thank Marilyn V
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have stayed at this lovely inn in Ohio's Amish country several times. Restaurant food is excellent. Prefer the rooms with a King bed, but Queen rooms nice also. Close to Millersburg and Berlin and other Holmes County attractions. The Inn's grounds are lovely to walk around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
#2 of 4 in Millersburg
Zinck's Inn
Zinck's Inn
#2 of 4 in Berlin

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!