First, read the other reviews. Like those reviewers, we too had a mixed reaction of delights and frustrations, but our overall experience was positive as it was anchored with beautiful weather.
We stayed with another couple at the two bedroom Cardinal cottage, our first stay at the inn for us all. We had each been to the inn previously for lunch or business meetings, and those visits were good and influenced us to book an October stay to catch the season's color.
The cottage was a mix of old and new and was comfortable. It was built in 1993 and is generally in good shape with a few wear points. For example, the porch screen door is missing the outside handle which makes re-entry a bit harder than it should be. The furniture is new, the beds are comfortable, the two bathrooms are clean. However, the kitchen is mostly non-functional with few dishes and a disabled cook top which was not expected. The cabin does include a microwave but the few coffee cups available had gold trim and sparked if you tried reheating your coffee.
The cottage was clean for a building so nestled among the trees. Lots of animals and insects live in the woods, and we did see everything from 15+ wild turkeys to dangling spiders. All most welcome! Expect some visitors both large and small.
Highs include a generous deck, a big fireplace, parking for two cars, close trails to a meadow complete with picnic table.
Lows include near neighbors in the next cabin (who had a party) and the nearby shotgun target practice with "kapow" heard every 5 seconds for hours with a few pauses for reloading. Not the quiet, private retreat we thought it would be.
The inn's restaurant was reasonably priced with reasonably good food. We did walk the trails to go to breakfast but drove down for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the rolling hills in the heart of the Ohio Amish Country, the Inn at Honey Run is a serene oasis of nature and wildlife, comfort and privacy, fine dining and warm hospitality. Located in Holmes County, between the villages of Millersburg and Berlin, Ohio, we are located within two hours of Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. Our country estate offers a peaceful retreat from life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Inn at Honey Run reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Honey Run Hotel Millersburg
- Honey Run Inn
- The Inn At Honey Run Ohio/Millersburg