“Very neat place!”
Review of Yoder's Amish Home

Yoder's Amish Home
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Millersburg
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I toured the homes, barn, school and did the Amish buggy ride. The young girl who did our tour through the homes, was very informative and sweet. It was very neat learning more about the Amish couture! Also loved buying treats in the store at the bottom of the more modern Amish home. The soup and bread was amazing! The cookies too ;) the barn was neat seeing the huge horses! The school tour was okay, nothing too special. Really enjoyed the Amish buggy ride. Our driver was very nice and talkative. Would really recommend this establishment!

1  Thank Darthcutee

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I found this farm while driving around Holmes County. We decided to stop and buy the combo tickets that included everything - a tour of the house, a buggy ride and the school house. The house portion was informative and interesting. Our guide grew up Amish but is currently a Mennonite. She was very kind and I enjoyed getting to know her a little. The school house is not original. I liked looking at typical school books that Amish children use, but this part of the tour was not worth the extra money. The buggy ride was just sad - it was a hot day and the flies were brutal. Our horse was hot, tired, and being constantly bit by flies. Water was not available for the horses. Ours kept on trying to stop, and although our driver kept pushing her on, I asked him to cut the ride short. The barn was also concerning to me, as all of the animals were in tiny, filthy pens without food or water. What had started out as an informative, interesting tour left me feeling incredibly sad and worried. I would not recommend and I would not return.
If you don't mind animal abuse and would still like to go, I would suggest just buying the house tour ticket. You get to see the original house, the newer home, the barn and the grounds - the schoolhouse isn't worth it and the buggy ride is a few circles around a field with a tired horse.

6  Thank sjmbruce
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went and toured the Yoder Amish home , it was very informative, they have a guide that walks you through the house and grounds and tells about some of the Amish ways, there is also a school on the property that we toured and there was a Amish girl that explained about how they only went to school until the 8th grade. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are interested in the Amish, this tour will give you a brief insight into their way of life. There are two Amish homes to tour and a guide to give information about the homes.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We only did the buggy ride and toured the school, skipping the house. The school tour was interesting but short. The buggy ride was wonderful though. All of my children got a chance to "drive", and we had a wonderful time.

The actual highlight for my children was all the sweet cats. There were so many of them....they just loved sitting in the grass with a few kittens in their laps. That was one of their favorite moments of our whole Ohio trip.

Overall, it was a nice relaxing morning spent outside.

1  Thank nk79654