“So, so.”

The Tavern at Hotel Millersburg
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Millersburg
Cuisines: American
Description: The Tavern at Hotel Millersburg is a casual, family style restaurant located on the first floor of the historic Hotel Millersburg. We serve a selection of steaks, chicken, fish, entree salads and sandwiches and wraps. All of our beef selections are quality Certified Angus Beef. All of our food is cooked to order. The restaurant decor includes many pictures of historic Millersburg Village.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel had ambiance. We did not stay there but had dinner. The food was fair. I would not go back there for dinner. Green beans came from a can - awful. The best part of the meal was the side salad - very generous serving.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located in the historic Hotel Millersburg, this old-time restaurant is a comfortable trip back about 100 years. The ownership change several years back has really benefited the place. Be sure to get the Reuben sandwich!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The atmosphere of the old hotel makes the food taste so much better. :) The pork chops were done just right and served with good sides. I forget some of the details but I remember the pork chops.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Closes early in the evening. Doesn't serve breakfast. We ate there for dinner and it was fine. Onion soup was particularly good.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went here for dinner on a Saturday night on a weekend in the area. Honestly, the food was terrible, I mean REALLY terrible. My husband, who will eat almost anything without complaint even said it was awful. Based on the atmosphere and decor of the hotel on the way back to the "tavern", you expect to step into a very nice eating establishment. Instead it was more like a cafeteria decor and it was really a tavern like menu - mostly bar type food. My husband ordered nachos, I ordered the mushroom chicken meal(supposedly a house specialty) which came with 2 sides. I had the chili as one of my sides (which I noticed later I was charged extra for despite no mention of that on menu or from server). It was terrible. Our meals came and my husband's nachos had the same chili on them AND the best part - the cheese you squirt on like you find at sporting events - and it wasn't fresh. My other side for my chicken meal was a teeny little bowl (like the kind you get a side of salad dressing in) of shriveled up peas. The "sherry and cream" sauce on the chicken was congealed and horrible. The chicken you could tell was a frozen breast out of one of those 20 pack bags you buy at bulk food warehouses. The meal cost us about $30, but I honestly think we could have found better tasting food at McDonald's and we hate McDonald's. In fairness, the service was friendly, prompt and very good (except for being charged extra for a side which was supposed to be part of the meal). Because of the service my husband and I felt bad complaining, plus we were so very hungry, but we should have told them how bad it was. My recommendation for this place - make this more of a higher end eating establishment. Replace the dime-a-dozen menu items with a shorter more unique selection of locally sourced items. And get a new chef.