Review Highlights

Lovely Afternoon on Horseback

Reviewed November 3, 2016
dravery13
Oak Harbor, Ohio

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2018

My granddaughter and I have visited Amish Country Riding Stables on two separate trips to the area. Both times, we had great experiences. The ride takes you through woods, beautiful pastures and up to the top of a hill where you look down on the peaceful scenery of the surrounding area. The guide does a great job of matching riders to the appropriate horse for the rider's experience. The reservation process was easy, and the staff was helpful and kind. This is a fun, enjoyable outing for individuals, couples, or families. We'll go back on future trips. I highly recommend.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

It would have been a very nice first experience horseback ride for my son had it not been for the woman at the front desk two persons from our group canceled at the last minute and when I tried to explain to the woman behind the desk she got very upset yelling at me and belittling me in front of my son saying you should have called when you found out she said you know how many people I had to turn away that I could have gave your spot to?!! If it wasn't for the god it would have been a most horrible experience but the guy was awesome and so was the scenery

Reviewed November 3, 2016

We were visiting the area and decided to look into horseback riding. This was the only option we could find and turned out to be a great operation.

My husband agreed to go ride as long as it was not too long. The ride was 45-60 minutes through some open areas as well as a wooded area. This was perfect for a novice horseman.

Our guide, Chrissy, was informative and helpful as well as relaxed. She helped to get a picture of us on our horses during the ride. The horses we rode were very well behaved.

The views over the rolling country side showed Amish farms and the colors of the fall. Cost was as expected for the experience ($45 per rider for guests not staying at Guggisberg Inn, $35 if staying at the Inn)

Just a note, the paperwork states that they will not allow riders over 220 (or 225...I can't remember exactly) pounds. I'm not sure how strict they are on this weight limit.

1  Thank dravery13
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

This was well worth the money. A 45 min horseback ride on beautiful horses on a trail that overlooked amazing views of the Amish countryside.

Reviewed June 2, 2016

My husband and I went on a trail ride during our honeymoon in Amish Country and LOVED it. Our guide, Tonya, was great; very helpful and personable. The view was breathtaking! We loved riding over some of the taller hills and being able to see the entire countryside below. We got to stop and enjoy the countryside and the gorgeous weather, but we also had the opportunity to trot in some places. Our horses were very well behaved with just enough personality to make the ride fun. Overall and fantastic experience and one of our favorites from our entire honeymoon.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

My husband and I decided to go horseback riding while staying in Amish Country. Amish Country Riding Stables was an amazing experience. Our riding guide was very friendly and made our ride fun. Definitly will be back soon!

2  Thank Page H
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Would have like to have at least trotted. Great guides and instructions. Would recommend if you are a beginner rider.

3  Thank hygienistdebbie
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Visiting the area for the first time, my daughter had never been on a horse so we thought this would be a fun way to see some of the beautiful country side. We were greeted warmly by our guide, Roddy (sp?), who was so gentle and patient as we did not know the first thing about horses. The tour was a relaxing ride on a path while we were told about the local farms, the horses and other livestock in the area, It was obvious that the horses were cared for very well and that was lovely to see.

3  Thank ajsTucson
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nothing to dislike. The Amish girl who was our guide was so friendly and confident around the horses. She was fantastic.

7  Thank ThoughtsbyMaria