“Who would expect superb jambalay soup at a sports bar in Ohio?”
Review of Bags Sports Pub

Bags Sports Pub
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Millersburg
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jackson MI
“Who would expect superb jambalay soup at a sports bar in Ohio?”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Most of the food on the menu seemed like typical sports-bar fare. But the jambalaya soup was quite a surprise! It would have felt right at home on a table in southern Louisiana--not too spicey but with a nice kick to it.

Visited May 2014

Canton, Ohio
“Cute Restaurant/Bar”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Cute Restaurant and Bar. Food was of Average quality and serve was poor. Had to ask server for a glass of water 4 times.

• Visited May 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Not great”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at Bags which was only fair. We seated ourselves and waited and waited to be approached, even though multiple servers walked by constantly. Finally got a beer then
waited and waited to place dinner order. Our server had disappeared
Finally got an order in for chicken quesadilla and berry salad.
Salad was quite good, the quesadilla horrible. The chicken was some sort of processed, probably frozen, prepackaged "stuff". Could not eat it
All around us people were eating burgers...big ones! Maybe should have tried that?????

Visited April 2014
Jonas Ridge, North Carolina
“Guess it beat McDonalds (?)”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

It's HARD to find a restaurant open on Sunday in Amish country, and especially one past 3 PM. We Googled and Tripadvisored every restaurant in 25 miles and read reviews and hoped the Tripadvisor Gods would shine on us. This was a birthday lunch for me, so I really had even higher hopes.

We decided on this Bags.

We waited at the hostess station for what I thought was bordering on an unreasonable time, and then a young lady did arrive and looked at me quizzically. This made me wonder if was a "seat yourself" restaurant. She asked, "Can I help you?" (Not, "How many?" or "Just the two of you?") Uhhh...AWKWARDNESS! I asked if we seated ourselves and she said she would seat us. Okay, great.

The service was okay. The tea had a funny aftertaste so I asked for a cola. We asked specifically for ranch dressing with an appetizer and got something else. I went ahead and ate my part of it, the wife did wait until the server came back and asked again for ranch.

I ordered a steak and fries. HAVING JUST READ A TRIPADVISOR REVIEW ABOUT THE SOGGY FRIES, I asked for them to be extra crispy. The waitress did her part, but these style fries just can't be made crispy. They were just brown and soggy. Laden with ketchup, they were edible.

I would have been really upset if the steak had been crappy, but surprisingly it was okay.

The last 5 reviews I've posted on Tripadvisor were very good to GLOWING. I am not a perpetual complainer, but I'd give this one a miss.

• Visited April 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great home made chips!!! Hamburger was good also,fries were too soggy for me :( The sauce for home made chips was a little spicy but good.

• Visited March 2014