“Extremely nice and clean, great staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Millersburg

Comfort Inn Millersburg
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millersburg
Valley City, Ohio
“Extremely nice and clean, great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The comfort inn in Millersburg is an excellent hotel!

We stayed a night because we were doing some of the amish country sights and shops. I picked this hotel because of the reviews and the pool.

Our room was beautiful, very updated, and extremely clean. I booked a suite with a king size bed, pull out sofa, whirlpool tub, and fireplace. The tub was out in the room, which was neat because you could turn the fireplace on, or be like me and turn the TV on and watch football from the whirlpool tub. In addition the room had a full bath with shower and tub, so there was not just the whirlpool tub to get clean. The couch and bed were very comfortable, and everything in the room worked as it should.

The pool area was very clean and the pool was nice and big, as was the hot tub. They also have a bathroom off the pool with a shower so you can rinse off the pool water before you head back to your room.

Breakfast is typical of all choice hotels, consisting of waffles, toast/bagels/muffins, yogurts, cereals, and oatmeal packets. Everything was fresh and the attendant kept the area clean.

Entire staff from front desk to maintenance staff were very nice, polite, and seemed to be in a good mood.

Location of the hotel is excellent when you are travelling in amish country.

Room Tip: spring for the corner suite, the $30 extra is worth it for all the extra room when you are traveling...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BerlinOwner, Manager at Comfort Inn Millersburg, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hello:

Thanks so much for the amazing review. We look forward to hosting your stay in the future. Happy New Year.

Tina Owens
Front Desk & Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have stayed here several times in the past. Good starting point for a shopping day. Great accommodations. Pool and hot tub are great. Good breakfast selection. Very helpful desk staff with directions. Ample parking as well

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BerlinOwner, Front Desk & Sales Manager at Comfort Inn Millersburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hi Gwen:

Thanks for staying with us and the 5 star review. We hope to see you again.

Thanks,
Tina Owens
Front Desk & Sales Manager
Dayton OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a return stay. As always, my room was spotlessly clean and on the first floor as requested., Plently of large, fluffy towels, adjustable shower head, good fan in bathroom. Fridge and microwave are convenient after a day of shopping in Amish country. The saltwater pool was warm & clean and the hot tub a nice hot temperature. Plenty of pool towels available. The breakfast includes cold & hot cereal,waffles to make, and scrambled eggs. The first morning there was sausage links, the second sausage gravy and biscuits. Also, nice bakery donuts. The staff is friendly and accomodating. I look forward to staying here in the spring.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn Millersburg, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Comfort Inn Guest. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a TripAdvisor survey. We are very appreciative of your business and would welcome the chance to host you again. Thanks.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is the ONLY hotel that my wife and I stay at when visiting Holmes County and we've been guests for many years. We're frequent travelers and, as Choice Privileges members, we only ever stay at Choice properties. This has been the only hotel that has never managed to disappoint us and we always look forward to our stay here year after year!

The hotel is beautiful, clean, quiet, well-appointed, well-decorated and hosts a very friendly and helpful staff whom are always eager to please. Even the "cleaning lady" (for lack of a better term), Audrey, does a wonderful job and you can tell that she takes great pride in her work. We always stay in one of the suites and have never, ever, ever had any issues with cleanliness, odors, etc. as "WVnative7320" below me posted. We even stayed in that exact same room on this recent rip and had no problems. I do believe that we also stayed in that room last year and also had no problems then. No matter when we've been here, we've always felt right at home and have enjoyed how clean and comfortable the rooms, towels and linens are, consistently.

I'm not sure why some folks are complaining about the breakfast foods either. Maybe they don't stay in a lot of hotels or maybe, for some reason, the hotel had an "off day" during their stay, but - even among Choice properties - this hotel has, hands down, THE best breakfast selection and food quality. They get their baked goods from local Amish bakeries and, my goodness, you can certainly tell. And, their coffee is always exquisite - a very, very welcomed and appreciated treat as most of the Choice properties we've stayed at provided horrible coffee. Not this hotel! At this hotel, you actually look forward to waking up in the morning!

If I had to offer any critique, it would be that firmer pillows would be welcomed as a choice. They do give you a very generous amount of pillows on your bed and new to our stay this time was a note on the bed that said we now have a choice between softer pillows in front and firmer pillows in back, but we found it hard to tell the difference.

To sum it up, Comfort Inn Millersburg is the ONLY hotel that we'll ever stay at when in Holmes County and we remain grateful for always getting the best in quality and service!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScoopsDad
Dear Comfort Inn Mlbg Guest, Thank for for your repeat business. We are so honored that you choose us each return visit to our area. We realize there are other hotels in our area and we thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your returned visit. PS. I'll make sure Audrey knows about your compliment!!
Vienna, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago, it was fine. We stayed again two weeks ago, what a different story, the room was filthy and the option to go to “Audio” on the TV for closed caption (I am very hard of hearing) was not available. Add that to the fact that the people renting above us was having a party and I could get no one to answer the phone at the front desk, but you know after a few years ago, we just thought it was a bad night. We stayed there again this past Saturday. Wow, what a mess, I am going to post the pics from 322 that I took, the water spots are three of the pics, the flash did not help the pictures turn out well but you can see what I am getting at. We were in 322; there were four or five water spots on the ceiling, and a horrible smell of cat pee in the corner that kicked up every time the fan blew across the room. When I called downstairs they brought up a box of pet order remover. Really, I am not kidding, look at the picture of the box they brought to us! We went to Mass on Saturday evening, going back to the hotel we stoppedbut stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a plug in air freshener which did seem to take away much of the bad odor (and you can bet we took the plug in home with us). I had on a new pair of white socks in the four hours we were in the room awake, just from walking on the carpet, the bottom of the socks were absolutely filthy. I know hotels get a lot of use, but really, clean the room!!!! Then to top it off, I asked the lady working the desk how to get closed caption on the television, that I had a hearing loss. She said, and I am quoting “I am sure it does (get closed caption) I just don’t know how”. There was no effort to find someone, call someone, nothing to help me, just “I just don’t know how”. We had stayed at a Country Suites on the way to Millersburg, we should have stayed there both nights instead of driving to Millersburg on Saturday, HUGE Mistake on my part. If you plan on staying at this hotel, my suggestion is to check out your room GOOD before you pay your bill, then decide if you really want to stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WVnative7320
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn Millersburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for recently staying with us and my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations. I will be reviewing your feedback with my staff to ensure that this type of thing gets corrected immediately. We strive for 100% customer service and guest satisfaction and I am sorry we failed in these areas for you during your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to host you in the future and please let me know when so I can take care of your visit. Sincerely, Kent Miller
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

easily accessible to all small towns in Amish Country. Clean, friendly staff, very comfortable beds with a great pool to finish a long day of walking/shopping. The only drawback was loss of elevator service for the last two days. Walking up and down 3 flights, especially with packages and suitcases was very annoying. When paying top prices for seasonal accommodations this inconvenience should have been reflected in our final bill at checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank Macthe10th
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn Millersburg, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for recently staying with us and for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Holmes County. I also want to apologize for the down elevator, we tried to fix it but required our contract technicians and they couldn't make it down till the next day. Please give me a heads up next time you are coming to stay with us so I can make it right. Thank you, Kent Miller GM
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Millersburg while visiting Amish Country, it is a short drive to Berlin. We had a very good stay, the beds were very comfy and the AC would just about run you out of the room, But I like a cold room. The breakfast was very good and had plenty to offer. Nice and Quite. Would return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cypress101
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn Millersburg, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate your business. I am really glad that you enjoyed our new all white beds and our wonderful hot complimentary breakfast. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Hotel Millersburg
#2 of 4 in Berlin
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek

Been to Comfort Inn Millersburg? Share your experiences!