“Not pleased with the room or service”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Millersburg
Vienna, West Virginia
“Not pleased with the room or service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago, it was fine. We stayed again two weeks ago, what a different story, the room was filthy and the option to go to “Audio” on the TV for closed caption (I am very hard of hearing) was not available. Add that to the fact that the people renting above us was having a party and I could get no one to answer the phone at the front desk, but you know after a few years ago, we just thought it was a bad night. We stayed there again this past Saturday. Wow, what a mess, I am going to post the pics from 322 that I took, the water spots are three of the pics, the flash did not help the pictures turn out well but you can see what I am getting at. We were in 322; there were four or five water spots on the ceiling, and a horrible smell of cat pee in the corner that kicked up every time the fan blew across the room. When I called downstairs they brought up a box of pet order remover. Really, I am not kidding, look at the picture of the box they brought to us! We went to Mass on Saturday evening, going back to the hotel we stoppedbut stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a plug in air freshener which did seem to take away much of the bad odor (and you can bet we took the plug in home with us). I had on a new pair of white socks in the four hours we were in the room awake, just from walking on the carpet, the bottom of the socks were absolutely filthy. I know hotels get a lot of use, but really, clean the room!!!! Then to top it off, I asked the lady working the desk how to get closed caption on the television, that I had a hearing loss. She said, and I am quoting “I am sure it does (get closed caption) I just don’t know how”. There was no effort to find someone, call someone, nothing to help me, just “I just don’t know how”. We had stayed at a Country Suites on the way to Millersburg, we should have stayed there both nights instead of driving to Millersburg on Saturday, HUGE Mistake on my part. If you plan on staying at this hotel, my suggestion is to check out your room GOOD before you pay your bill, then decide if you really want to stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WVnative7320
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for recently staying with us and my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations. I will be reviewing your feedback with my staff to ensure that this type of thing gets corrected immediately. We strive for 100% customer service and guest satisfaction and I am sorry we failed in these areas for you during your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to host you in the future and please let me know when so I can take care of your visit. Sincerely, Kent Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2013

easily accessible to all small towns in Amish Country. Clean, friendly staff, very comfortable beds with a great pool to finish a long day of walking/shopping. The only drawback was loss of elevator service for the last two days. Walking up and down 3 flights, especially with packages and suitcases was very annoying. When paying top prices for seasonal accommodations this inconvenience should have been reflected in our final bill at checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Macthe10th
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for recently staying with us and for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Holmes County. I also want to apologize for the down elevator, we tried to fix it but required our contract technicians and they couldn't make it down till the next day. Please give me a heads up next time you are coming to stay with us so I can make it right. Thank you, Kent Miller GM
Tennessee
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Millersburg while visiting Amish Country, it is a short drive to Berlin. We had a very good stay, the beds were very comfy and the AC would just about run you out of the room, But I like a cold room. The breakfast was very good and had plenty to offer. Nice and Quite. Would return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cypress101
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate your business. I am really glad that you enjoyed our new all white beds and our wonderful hot complimentary breakfast. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thanks
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Great beds with lots of pillows ( soft and firm choices.) The staff was very helpful and the complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have seen and I travel a lot. We used the conference room and it was very comfortable. I would stay here again if I visit the Millersburg area in Amish country.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Polkadot72
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for recently staying with us. I aam so glad that you enjoyed our new bedding package with upgraded pillow choices. I have gotten great feedback from the all white bed. We also really focuse on putting out a great breakfast and I appreciate that you noticed that also. We look forward to hosting you again.
Jefferson, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Me, my three sisters and sister in-law stayed here while visiting Amish Country. Our rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, our beds were comfortable and the hotel is convenient to Amish Country. There was a typical hot hotel breakfast, but it was good. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kardwr
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for recently staying with us and for commenting on TripAdvisor. We are honored that you chose the Comfort Inn as a destination for your family get away. Thanks for confirming our dedication for clean rooms, friendly service and well appointed amenities. We welcome the chance to host you again.
Dallas Fort Worth
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Property is off the Main Shopping Area of this Historic Area. While most Vacationeers were closer to their perceived "Amish of Ohio" starting point, I stayed in a very updated Motel with All the Amenties. Best Real Hot Breakfast in 6 weeks of USA travel. If traveling by Auto, many restaurants and even a adjacent Auto wash was close. Loved the Historic Court House which one passes as you travel to and from all the attractions. The downtown area of Millersburg is a wonderful and positive must visit.

Room Tip: Most all rooms are not adjacent to Road Noise. Elevator was quick and the upper floors should not ca...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BlackHawks1960
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for commenting on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location in Millersburg and Amish Country. We get lots of compliments about our Free Hot Breakfast each morning, I am glad you enjoyed it. We welcome the chance to host you in the future again.
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel while visiting Amish Country and found it to be outstanding. Our rooms were ready when we arrived and check-in was very quick. The location was in the middle of all of the places we wanted to visit. The rooms were very spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean- a special thank you to Felicia and all of the housekeeping staff for all of their hard work. The rooms now have 2 different kinds of pillows- firm ones in the back and softer ones in the front. The pillows were so wonderful that my husband and I purchased pillows before we left. The complimentary breakfast was very good and hot.We were traveling with another couple and when I booked online we requested adjoining rooms and that is what we got. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol M
BerlinOwner, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us and for the TripAdvisor compliment. I am glad you enjoyed our Comfort Inn Mlbg. I am glad that the location and our hotel amenities were what you needed. We are getting lots of great feedback on our 2 pillow options for our new bedding package, I am glad you liked it also. Please visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Berlin Resort
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Zinck's Inn
Zinck's Inn
#2 of 4 in Berlin

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!