“Great time”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Millersburg
Rootstown, Ohio
“Great time”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We wanted to spend a couple days on the motorcycle riding central Ohio over Memorial Day weekend. Stayed here for the first time and found the hotel to be in excellent condition with very well appointed rooms. For being the 3rd oldest operating hotel in Ohio it's in great condition. The tavern/restaurant was excellent with really good service. All staff encountered was very helpful. Loved the 12 foot ceilings.

Room Tip: 214 overlooks the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank az2ret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Delaware,OH
Reviewed May 11, 2013

On several occasions we have stayed at Hotel Millersburg and were thoroughly delighted. It has undergone quite a restoration of the entire property fairly recently. The rooms are smallish but quite adequate for the two of us. We have always had a clean well kept room and had a pleasant experience.

The hotel restaurant serves very tasty food and beverages at affordable prices. Their angus beef is particularly very good with adequately sized portions. We also enjoy the ambience of a location over 100 years old and this is one which is pleasant. We plan to return as often as we can.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WilliamLDelaware_OH
NE Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'm originally from Holmes Co so when I visit the area I'm usually eating at a relative's home and not at a local restaurant. However, several years ago we ate at the Hotel Millersburg and have been back several times due to the positive experiences. All of our meals, except one, have been excellent. The one meal which was bad the server profusely apologized and explained the regular cook was off sick and a sous chef was in charge. She removed the meal from the bill and encouraged us to please return. We did and I ordered the same thing and it was delicious.

I also wanted to mention that my wife hosted my niece's baby shower on the brick patio several years ago. She reported a wonderful experience w/ the hotel owner and restaurant staff and they were very amenable in allowing her to decorate the patio as she pleased. They had a burger cook-out theme and the whole experience was well-received by all the guests.

This dining experience is a welcome change from the usual 'amish' fare the area is known for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth, wv
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Quaint, historic (circa 1847) hotel in small quiet town. My wife and I stay here when visiting the Ohio Amish centers of Berlin, Walnut Creek, et al. It's about a 10-15 minute ride from those places. I started my review with the location because that is what we like best about it. Millersburg is a small town where one can safely walk the streets and explore the handful of craft and antique stores. The hotel itself is a bit worn, as you can imagine, but is reasonably clean and adequate for our needs when visitng the area. An in-house restaurant adds to the conveniance. If you prefer unique places to stay and to eat as opposed to chains, this should fit the bill quite nicely, as long as you're not too picky.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MountaineerMike
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here fall 2012. We had a very small room but it was charming. It was near Sugarcreek and all those place,about a 10-15 minute drive. After having dinner out there we had some drinks at local pub right down the street,it was great and the bartender was very friendly,such a hometown feel defiantly recommend checking it out! We didn't get to try out the restaurant in the hotel but im sure it was lovely. I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole E
Connellsville Pa
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel three times in the last two years. It reminds me of a small hotel in London or somewhere else in Europe. The first time we stayed, our room was tiny. We learned to look at the rooms on the website and choose the particular room we wanted. It WAS NOT dirty. The decor is quirky, lots of Victorian wallpaper, pictures, etc. Our room had a fridge and a microwave and two big beds. So much better than staying in a generic chain hotel.
Barbara K, Pennsylvania

Room Tip: Get a room which looks out on to the main street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bargotron
Little Current, Ontario
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hmmm. I very seldom take the time to write a negative review, because I feel everyone is entitled to having a bad day. I realize that the hotel is over a hundred years old, but it still should be clean. There was a layer of dust on the curtains and furniture in the registration area which put me off. Our room was quaint, but the mattress on the bed was one of the most uncomfortable ones I've slept on. The mattress itself is pretty new (I think) but it was put on top of an extremely old boxspring which made it feel as if the mattress was going to slip off. Neither of us had a good sleep at all. We were in room 303. We paid for our room through a discount hotel service, and I wonder whether they save that room for them. Sad that I wasn't able to give a better review. Ladies checking us in at the front desk were pleasant. Restaurant seemed very popular. (but we didn't eat there)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millersburg
Comfort Inn
#4 of 4 in Berlin
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek

Been to Hotel Millersburg? Share your experiences!