“Great wings!”
Review of Putters Tavern & Grill III - CLOSED

Putters Tavern & Grill III
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Nice casual atmosphere. Very good wings and burgers that taste like they are right off the grill. Nice outdoor deck. Good bartenders.

Reviewed October 27, 2014

AKA Putters Sports Grill III
We have started eating here lately as the food and service have been very good. I had the Clubhouse sandwich and surprisingly I was able to have avocado slices added. They also added bacon which wasn't on the menu, but it was excellent! The fries are those big crinkle cut fries and they were cooked perfectly. The biggest surprise is that they offer Hunts "ALL Natural" ketchup that doesn't have the high fructose corn syrup in it,,that's a wonderful option. My husband's Buffalo burger was cooked exactly right and he found it to be of an excellent flavor. The soft drinks are served in very large cups so you definitely get alot to drink. If you are a big fan of the Saratoga fries (super crispy type potato chips) like my husband, you'll find these chips to be very good as they're fresh and homemade. They also have pizza now available, but we haven't tried it yet.

This is an excellent value, great food, great atmosphere and easy on/off to the expressway if you're traveling. We've not experienced any MSG effects from any of the food so I don't believe they use it, but I am not positive, so you would want to make sure you ask before ordering. They do seem to be conscientious about having healthier selections here, so I think it might be a no. The menu selections include burgers, sliders, wraps, fried appetizers, soups & combos, sandwiches, wings, pizza, salads, fried baskets, and flatbreads as well as a pretty large bar. They seem to have just about anything to satisfy anyone.

There is a lot of room and TV's with sports on them all over the place, but unlike other sports bars, it's relatively easy to have a conversation. Lots of folks bring their kids so it seems to be fairly kid friendly. We've never had to wait to get seated or served and I think that because this location has been through so many other owners that it probably doesn't get frequented as much as it should. Although I would hate to see this place get too popular and too busy for us, we'd like to see it stay busy enough to be successful as it really is a gem. I'd highly recommend this location to any travelers or local folks.

Reviewed October 14, 2014

The food here is decent chain type food with a good beer selection. Service is usually prompt with a few slow times.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

nice place to grab a lunch or dinner food was really good service was slow at best but the food was very good good selection of draft beer overall nice place

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was staying at the hotel across the street, checked the reviews and saw they were decent. It was a Tuesday night and not especially busy, and the sign told me to seat myself. I had a seat, but it was a solid 15 minutes before anyone stopped to check on me. He gave me a menu and told me my server would be with me shortly. It was another 15 minutes before anyone came by... I was about ready to walk out. I ordered wings and fries. The food came in a reasonable time... wings were stringy and somewhat dry. Fries tasted like they were straight out of a freezer. I was really hungry and wanted to get back to the hotel. I didn't see my waitress again until I was done with dinner. My corporate headquarters is nearby, I will make sure it is not recommended to anyone!