“In Milford? Eat Here!!”

Big Poppa's Cafe on Main
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Big Poppa's Cafe is a funky, family owned, neighborhood cafe known for it's homemade breakfast specialties as well as a huge lunch menu featuring freshly made sandwiches, salads, and wraps all using Boars Head meats and cheeses.
Chicago, Illinois
“In Milford? Eat Here!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Get there before 9am to get the Baked French Toast Casserole. I had my mind set on this delicious sounding morsel... However by the time we got there after 9:30 am they were sold out... Clean! You have been warned! LOL

Very friendly, down-to-earth staff. Sensing my disappointment at missing the French Toast casserole the chef (and I assume owner) volunteered to make me "the best French toast" I ever had! With or without the accompanying maple syrup... It was pretty, really good! You should order this as a side and share among your party.

Plentiful serving sizes here. Prices are very reasonable. Breakfast stops at 11am so if that's what you desire... Get there before then.

The eclectic collection of vintage vinyl albums will transport you back to the by-gone era of pop and r&b.

I will be back (next time earlier for the FT casserole). I was told to call ahead to see if they still had any left.

If you're in Milford, OH go see Big Poppa and tell him Philip sent you! Happy Dining!

“Love Big Poppa's!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My sister & I first found Big Poppa's a couple of years ago - and we are so happy that we did! She lives out of town, but when she's here it is one of the "musts" on her list of things to do.

The service is great - they are so friendly! And Sheila remembers us, even though we are in only once or twice a year.

We always get the same wrap (the Nightclub, I believe) and it is alway delicious, fresh and generous in size. I'm sure that all the items on the menu are equally delicious!

• Visited July 2014
Loveland, Ohio
“Customer care and Food Quality”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

we ate lunch today. When we entered we were "directed" to a small table in a row of small tables set for 2 each. We I ask if we could sit at a specific table with 4 chairs I was quickly refused even though there was no one else in the cafe. If a party of 4 had come in the small tables could have been pushed together as I have seen in in other cafes. During the hour 40 minutes (From about Noon to 1240) were eating only 4 more people came in. Given the servers (also owner) desire for a strict seating approach we will not return. My sandwich was adequate while my wifes was best described as a cucmber sandwich even though it was supposed to be a chicken salad. The quality of hers was at best marginal.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank engineer299
BigPoppaJeff, Owner at Big Poppa's Cafe on Main, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am very sorry you had a bad experience at our restaurant. That being said, our restaurant is very small (9 tables) and we ask people to be respectful of others and chose a table that best suits the number of people in their party. You were not asked to seat yourself as you so graciously did, and you had no reason to be rude and disrespectful to my wife when she asked you to move, what you wanted to drink, eat, or anything else. I told her to ask you and your wife to leave after the two of you threw a tantrum when she asked you to sit at a different table. And, as I find this amusing to be your first, and most probably, only TripAdvisor review, I can tell you that learning you will not be returning to our restaurant is not the worst news I have had today. Keep smiling!!!
“Handsome and Goetta”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is where ya go for quick bites and quirky atmosphere. Expect to have personable service, craft quality food at drive thru combo meal prices and hear some great music. The dogs are tremendous. the salads are the size of the park a block away.
This is a tiny joint. NO FRYER! So don't expect fries with your delicious sandwiches. All the grub here has musically inspired names (I am a fan of "Ol Blue Eyes" myself) and a collection of albumn covers that will impress even a grumpy hipster. Jason is a local fixture and is a "guest in the kitchen" when it is busy. 2 men in the kitchen making magic..is a great thing.
I am NOT a goetta fan and even I eat it here. It is not like the grilled Haggis you might expect get elsewhere. Breakfast food is as good as the lunch offerings! The bacon, is such crispy, salty, perfection that you'd expect Janis Joplin to sing "Cry" over it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank IrishVoodoo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place for breakfast or lunch”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Whenever I have guests from out of town, I'll take them here for breakfast or lunch. The prices are reasonable, the menu is a nice variation from the usual items, and we're always welcomed as returning friends.

• Visited October 2013