“GREAT Food and Fantastic Service”
Review of Big Poppa's Cafe on Main - CLOSED

Big Poppa's Cafe on Main
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Big Poppa's Cafe is a funky, family owned, neighborhood cafe known for it's homemade breakfast specialties as well as a huge lunch menu featuring freshly made sandwiches, salads, and wraps all using Boars Head meats and cheeses.
Milford, Ohio
“GREAT Food and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had breakfast at Big Poppa Slims this morning for the first time. Talk about value for your money - very, very reasonable priced. The food was really good and the service was even better. I had the Belgium Waffle and Bacon. The waffle was HOT and fresh when it was served. I think the syrup should have been served hot instead of room temperature. The bacon was HOT and CRISPY! I judge a place on whether they can cook bacon and Big Poppa got it right the first time. The one thing that would make it better is if they had potatoes - any kind of hash browns, skillet potatoes, potato anything. I will definitely return and recommend to others. This is a great little find in the heart of Old Milford.

• Visited August 2013

Milford, Ohio, United States
“Best Chicken Salad Ever!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

First off, Sheila and Jeff always make me feel right at home. I love going here for the company just as much as I do for the awesome food. Secondly, I don't go for all the new fangled fancy stuff people are doing to chicken salad these days. I don't like it with fruit or nuts. If you are like me, Big Poppa Slims has the perfect chicken salad for you. It's called the Miles Davis. It's made with a creamy dill dressing and it's served on sourdough bread. This is my absolute favorite place to go for a chicken salad sandwich. That being said, their other sandwiches are also great. If you like spicy, I would recommend the Harry Connick, Jr.

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“BigPoppa Big deal”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Big Poppa has good meals at reasonable prices and always friendly service. My husband eats here at least once a week, usually for breakfast. I make him take me on weekends for breakfast or lunch. I prefer their lunch meals but they have something for everyone.

You should definately try this place. They are open for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family ate lunch here while running errands in the Milford area. This place was a great find.

I have the Harry Connick Jr., which was really spicy with lots of flavor. My wife had the Green Gobbler wrap which she really enjoyed. My kids had just had a snack so they split a kids grilled cheese – we were worried if splitting a sandwich would give them both enough to eat, but it was a full-sized sandwich with creamy American cheese that would have made a nice meal for me. The meal was served steaming hot (for the hot sandwiches) and my wife’s cold wrap was cold with crisp lettuce and veggies

Service was prompt and very friendly. I’m a sucker for anyplace that treats my young children well, and this place went above and beyond. Drinks were refilled often. We really enjoyed our visit.

One thing to consider when ordering is that the restaurant does not have a soft drink machine. All soft drinks are in a can, so no free refills. We noticed this before ordering and went with ice tea and waters which were kept full and fresh.

Breakfast service stops at 11 so that wasn’t an option for us, but I’d like to come back earlier in the day sometime to try the breakfast menu as well.

• Visited March 2013
“My favorite place in Milford”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

No one is a stranger at Big Poppas's. It is a true family restaurant, and the welcome everyone into that family. Great, fresh food. I recommend the green gobbler.