“Great place for lunch.”
Review of Big Poppa's Cafe on Main - CLOSED

Big Poppa's Cafe on Main
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Big Poppa's Cafe is a funky, family owned, neighborhood cafe known for it's homemade breakfast specialties as well as a huge lunch menu featuring freshly made sandwiches, salads, and wraps all using Boars Head meats and cheeses.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family ate lunch here while running errands in the Milford area. This place was a great find.

I have the Harry Connick Jr., which was really spicy with lots of flavor. My wife had the Green Gobbler wrap which she really enjoyed. My kids had just had a snack so they split a kids grilled cheese – we were worried if splitting a sandwich would give them both enough to eat, but it was a full-sized sandwich with creamy American cheese that would have made a nice meal for me. The meal was served steaming hot (for the hot sandwiches) and my wife’s cold wrap was cold with crisp lettuce and veggies

Service was prompt and very friendly. I’m a sucker for anyplace that treats my young children well, and this place went above and beyond. Drinks were refilled often. We really enjoyed our visit.

One thing to consider when ordering is that the restaurant does not have a soft drink machine. All soft drinks are in a can, so no free refills. We noticed this before ordering and went with ice tea and waters which were kept full and fresh.

Breakfast service stops at 11 so that wasn’t an option for us, but I’d like to come back earlier in the day sometime to try the breakfast menu as well.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

No one is a stranger at Big Poppas's. It is a true family restaurant, and the welcome everyone into that family. Great, fresh food. I recommend the green gobbler.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Worth a stop for a quick sandwich, salad, or wrap. Great service, quality food, wide selection of menu options, fresh ingredients, and casual/easy eating environment.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

When you walk in, you are greeted as if she has known you forever. Its a very casual atmosphere. Great place for breakfast or lunch, but start your day early, because they close around 2pm. The sandwiches & salads are unique & delicious. Served with your choice of chips and canned drink. Rather pricey, considering that the sandwich is not offered with slaw, potato salad or beans...which in my opinion, would justify the steep price. All in all though its good! Located in a quaint location, Historic Downtown Milford, you can meet a friend for lunch, then walk around to the other local shops. It seems to be a nice addition to the area.

1  Thank krrfd
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stopped in this afternoon for lunch. My daughter and I had the Billy Ray BBQ Sandwich. Slow-roasted pulled pork (and a bunch of it) with sauce on the side. The pork was juicy and so tender. Not overly flavorful, but enough so. The sauce was good. It came with a small side of home-made cole slaw which was kind of sour. I'd never had slaw quite like it, but enjoyed it.

They have several sandwiches and wraps as well as a breakfast menu. It appears that several of their sandwiches are made with Boar's Head deli meats, so you know you're getting quality meat.

The staff were very pleasant and made us feel at home. There's very limited seating - about 20 or so - so it's cozy. Decor is a "music" motif with album covers. Also, being on Main in Old Milford you'll need to be sure your parallel parking skills are up to snuff when you visit.

All said, the food was good and not too pricey. I am very much looking forward to a return visit to try some other items from the menu.