“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milford
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed here several times. The hotel is your typical Holiday Inn Express, nothing fancy, a pool and free hot breakfast.

The lobby area is clean and a front desk clerk is friendly as well. The hotel itself can be noisy on the weekends but the rooms are clean and comfortable.

The hotel is close to the interstate and it's easy to get on and off. Again it's nothing spectacular, just a clean, affordable room with a free hot breakfast in the morning. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hiexpressmilford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we greatly value our guest’s opinions. When the hotel is busy it can be noisy at times but if you contact the Front Desk we will take care of any guests being loud or we can also move your room. Overall we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

When my husband and I first arrived with the kids we were immediatley greeted by the front desk and they made us feel very welcomed. Once we got our room keys and settled down we felt right at home. The staff was so friendley and helpful. We were in town to visit some family so it was nice that the kids cousins could come over and swim in the pool. We made reservations for one night but ended up extending for the whole weekend. The free breakfast was great and we didnt even have to eat the same thing two days in a row which was nice. The staff was also helpful to give us the swoop of events going on in the area and places we could take the kids like Kings Island which the kids had a blast. The rooms were very clean and up to date which is why we chose the hotel. We will definitley be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and decided to extend to spend a little more time with us. You just named off a few great benefits about Holiday Inn Express. We are a strong consistent brand. We do try and switch up the breakfast so our stayovers can enjoy our full menu. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I were pretty tired and sore after a long cruise on the Harley down in southern Ohio. We were unfamiliar with the area but knew we didn't want to stay directly in Cincinnati. Right off of 275 North and within walking distance to a Bob Evans and Roosters was this really nice Holiday Inn in Milford. The exterior of the hotel was well kept and the area was nice. I felt comfortable walking to and from the local restaurants. We were surprised how large our room was for just a standard King. The bathroom was well kept and included soap, shampoo, and conditioner. The only thing our room was missing was a small refrigerator but we just kept our drinks cold by filling the ice bucket. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast in the morning with lots to choose from. If we pass through this area in future, we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yingyang10
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We greatly value our guest's opinions. Our standard rooms do not have a microwave or mini fridge but they are available upon request and free of charge. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!
Pekin, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Milford, Ohio when we go to work on scriptures at Bearing Precious Seed (First Baptist Church). It is not a real new motel, but is in decent condition. We have not experienced anything bad there in regards to the physical structure. The rooms have been clean and average sized. We did have a little problem with the tiny fridge in that our last day there it stopped working and I had to throw away some creamed cheese I had in it. My biggest complaint in any of the motels I have stayed in is that the lighting in the bathrooms is very bad. Difficult to see well to put on make-up, and no fan in the bathrooms. This causes the bathrooms to fog up really bad and can't see to use the mirrors. I do have a compliment for all of the staff that we encountered this last trip, especially one young man. They were all very polite, quick to serve, allowed us to use the breakfast room after hours to play games with our friends. There was one young man who worked on the evening/night shift (Greg) and we observed him working. He was a real hard worker, speedy, efficient and very polite and helpful. He needs a raise and maybe a promotion. Thanks Greg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We value your opinion and look to improve in any area we can. Unfortunately sometimes the mini fridges as do any appliance stop working at some point and need replaced. I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. We know that lighting is extremely important that is why we try to put as much lighting as necessary. AS for the bathroom lights normally they are pretty well lit, maybe next time if you experience the same issue contact the Desk and we will replace the light bulbs. Also, we have a central ventilation system so the fans run 24.7 but you cannot hear them because the fan is on the roof. If you take a tissue and put it on the vent on the ceiling it will show that it’s working. We do have a great staff and will try and continue to provide great service. I will pass along the compliments to my employee. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon.
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My dad, my son and I drove to Cincinnati for a follow up visit at the Children's Hospital. We knew we would be getting in around midnight, and leaving by 7 in the morning. I decided to try one of the 'price negotiator' websites and selected a 2 and 1/2 star hotel in the East Cincinnati area. Our bid was accepted at the Holiday Inn Express in Milford. The hotel is located just off of I-275 and was very convenient. We got in just after midnight. We had been assigned a room with a king bed. I asked for a cot and the clerk offered to put us in another room with two queen beds. We accepted and we slept very comfortably, even with a little snoring from one of our party. I won't point fingers...

Morning came too soon. We showered and helped ourselves to the free breakfast. Freshly made pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs and sweet rolls. They had other more healthy choices, but we were happy to indulge ourselves this trip. It was a good breakfast.

The room was spacious and the towels were nice and fluffy. The beds were comfortable. Everything was clean and in good order. I was impressed with the service, the cleanliness and the hotel in general. I wish that our trip had been a little less rushed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank HaberDasherDude
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We take our guest's opinions very seriously. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you can come back and enjoy a stay that is not rushed. Hopefully you will receive the same experience at any other Holiday Inn Express; we strive to be a strong and consistent brand.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Do not stay here!! They lied to me to get my money. They do not have jacuzzi suites!! It is a whirlpool tub they advertise as a jacuzzi. I dont usually stay in holiday inns, because I can't afford to pay for a name. you can get an equivalent room anywhere around here for 50 dollars. they lied to me and said it was a 2 person jacuzzi, which was the only reason I went there and paid the ridiculous fee. guess what? a whirlpool tub. after being straight up lied to by their customer service department I am completely done with holiday inn.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank chewie420
hiexpressmilford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
First, I want to thank you for your time writing a review for our hotel. We appreciate guests giving us feedback. We do understand that you were not happy with the jacuzzi which is why we discounted your stay to a regular room. Yes, we are a business but making money is not our number one goal. We want every guest to be satisfied with their stay and to exceed their expectations. Since we are a Holiday Inn Express our rates are higher than other hotels such as Red Roof Inn, Motel 6 etc. The hotels around us such as Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, and Holiday Inn are all around the same rate. Our jacuzzi is a 2 person jacuzzi but we also understand not every person is the same size, to one person it may be a 2 person jacuzzi to another it may not which is why we were so willing to give your money back. We want every guest to be satisfied and we apologize you are still not happy with Holiday Inns. We hope in the future you will give our brand another try. Again thank you for your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I checked in at the Holiday Inn Express late on a weekday.

This review may come across as harsh, but I don't mean to be rude, only honest on what I experienced. If you look at my review history, this is my first review where I've been disappointed with the stay. Anyway, here I go.

The front desk staff is very nice and polite. This the only reason I rated the hotel poor and not terrible. The staff has little to no control over the quality of the actual building; that is left for management.

They do have flat screen televisions in the rooms, with a good variety of channels.

Everything inside the room seemed to be showing signs of wear. I turned the heat on high. When the unit started screeching after 20 minutes however, I turned it down to low, even though it was very cold outside. Not a huge deal. When I got to the bathroom, I saw a larger problem though. The shower head is old and somewhat rusted (I will post pictures later). I noticed damage on the wallpaper inside the bathroom(also will post pictures). Wallpaper iss peeling and there was discoloration on it. Just another small detail: that local directory guide in the room looked very cheap....it's a thin binder with a printed off sheet(microsoft word maybe or something) that said Holiday Inn Express. Does IHG not send these materials to franchisees? This is really a trivial issue, but it goes with the overarching point I wanted to make: really felt like nothing was being maintained.

Fitness center had two treadmills. Only one was operative. The elevator remained open for a good 60 seconds after I pushed the button of the floor I was going to. I ended up taking the stairs after that - good exercise since the treadmill wasn't working.

As a person who works in this industry, I have had some training on what to look for as far as quality, cleanliness, and service. The service was outstanding, but everything else felt half-baked, aged, and lazily thrown kept together.

Breakfast was not bad, not good either. While the attendant was very nice, there was little food (my opinion). For example, there was only one hard boiled egg in the mini-fridge. Hot bar options were really greasy. One thing I did like was the juice machine had an option for water, instead of juice. I hadn't seen that before my stay here. There was also a good variety of yogurt flavors to choose from.

I would not stay again because the hotel is not in a location close to Cincinnati, as compared with others in a 20 mile radius. It's right off the freeway, and if you get in late one can hear cars going to work after only a couple of hours sleeping. Just felt like I was in a much cheaper, poorly maintained hotel brand that was not Holiday Inn Express, and for over 100.00 per night I do not think it is unreasonable to have higher expectations for a brand with the solid reputation of HIE.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WhatDoesTheAtlasSay
hiexpressmilford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
First, I want to thank you for staying with us. We take our guest reviews very seriously. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. In November 2011 we just renovated all of our guest rooms which was a huge project. We have also been planning to renovate our bathrooms and a/c units. Not only that but we also have all new fitness equipment which includes 2 new treadmills and an elliptical machine. I know equipment is constantly changing with technology that is why our staff is always ready to assist guests in their needs. As for our directories, IHG does not provide them for franchise hotels.
The directories in the rooms currently are temporary until our permanent ones are finished. Our complimentary hot breakfast is the main reason why guests are hooked on Holiday Inn Express hotels. We are constantly reminded of how great the breakfast is not to mention guests have fallen in love with our new pancake machine. Also, the juice machine has a water option as do all the juice machines for Holiday Inn Express'. Our staff is ready to help at all times when these issues come up.
As you stated Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located right off the highway. We know that some guests are bothered by the highway side and cannot sleep that is why when we are informed we assign the non-highway side. Our elevators are managed and owned by a major company and are inspected for quality monthly.
It seems as if everything had went wrong during your stay but most of these issues could have been solved if reported. Management would have also discounted your stay. I promise your next stay will be far better, and encourage you to report anything that you are not happy with at the time of your stay. Thank you again for your review.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Northeast
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mariemont Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hannaford Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
#30 of 47 in Cincinnati

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milford? Share your experiences!