“New Neighborhood Gem”

MJ's on Main
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at MJ's we believe EVERYONE deserves to have a good time, whether it is a evening out with the family, drinks and live music with friends, a cozy dinner for two, or a special event catered just for you, MJ's is THE place to be. We offer a mix of American-Fusion cuisine and an extensive craft beer selection featuring local breweries, and limited edition craft beers. With 10 taps, and OVER 50 beer offerings, a generous wine selection, and lots of signature martinis and eclectic cocktail choices, we have something for everyone. Like we always say, "There is ALWAYS something going on at MJ's"
Cincinnati
“New Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was our first, but definitely won't be our last visit! Unusual for us, but everything we ordered was excellent. Fault finder was without a job! We started with fried pickles. I admit I was skeptical because I generally only like pickles if they are sliced thin. These were spears, but were crispy, not the usual soggy. Our daughter is a true foodie. She raved over her mushroom ravioli. My husband opted to make a meal of trying different appetizers, and found them all delicious! I opted for a salmon BLT with sweet potato fries. The portion of salmon was generous and cooked to perfection. The fries were crisp, and not soggy, just the way I like them! Of course, since this was our first (exploratory) visit we had to try dessert too. The special the day we visited was a raspberry cheesecake. It was heavenly! Turns out the chef makes these himself. Even my husband, who normally does not like cheesecake, loved it.

We'll be back. The daily happy hour is very attractive. And, if my memory is correct, Jody told us Tuesdays are half price wine night. And speaking of Jody, she was funny, informative and attentive to our table. Thanks!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheWittes

Milford, OH
“A classy locally owned place with 3 different atmospheres”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We hadn't been here in awhile due to family circumstances, but when the 3 of us ate here last night we were pleasantly surprised to find many new menu items that were great additions.

This is a locally owned restaurant, not a chain. There are 2 rooms that are entered from the rear parking lot, one with an upscale white tablecloth atmosphere, one with a jazzy vibe. It you enter from the street level in front, that room is more sportsbar / live music.

The chef uses locally sourced ingredients when possible, such as the locally made pasta in the Wild Mushroom Mezzaluna that I ordered. It was very tasty and I ate it all even though it meant I then had no room for dessert.

My husband had the Caribbean Jerk Shrimp Tacos which were very good. They came with homemade salsa that was excellent and plenty for the chips that came with it, in fact he had to ask for more chips to finish up the salsa. He also enjoyed a couple of the local beers offered.

Our adult daughter ordered the Blackened Tilapia Tacos, which she really enjoyed and she would order again. She and her Dad are excellent cooks who appreciate good food.

Our server was very good and she earned a 20% tip. She was friendly too.

• Visited June 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Lunch Spot while Bike Riding”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stopped here in the middle of our bike ride on the Little Miami Bike Trail. It is quite convenient, only a few blocks from the trail. The variety of beer, including local craft beers, is quite nice. I had the fish tacos which were hot, nicely seasoned, and quite tasty. My son had the bison burger with sweet potato fries which he said was cooked to his liking. The service was great - they kept our drinks filled and even offered to fill our water bottles for the trail. We ate outside which was also very nice. We will be back.

• Visited May 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good atmosphere, ok food, horrible service”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went for date night with my husband. Service was extremely slow, food was ok, music was very loud for a small space. It wasn't very busy for a Saturday but we were there for 2.5 hours just for dinner! My advice, do not go if you have to be somewhere on time.

• Visited February 2014
“Quite a surprise”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Second time at this quaint gem. Great and attentive servers. Had the tilapia tacos and fillet special. Flavorful and great tasting meals. Great drink selection. Suggest reservations but we walked in and got seated immediately. Nice addition to Milford !!!!

• Visited February 2014