“Nice Little Shop, Well Worth the Spluge once and a while!”
Review of Sugar Cupcakery - CLOSED

Sugar Cupcakery
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I went there right after the owner appeared on "Cupcake Wars" on FoodNetwork. They placed second. It was a weekday afternoon and I think they pare down the selections on weekdays to avoid too much waste. They had all the usuals, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, lemon, carrot cake....All made elegantly from scratch with much care for quality ingredients. I have a sophisticated palate and can tell when things are made from boxed mixes. I would rather have a small selection of great cupcakes to choose from than a whole array of crap. Sugar Cupcakery makes all organic product and they only serve cupcakes and beverages. They even have gluten free and vegan cupcakes, although I cannot attest to these as I did not try them.
I will definetly return on the weekend to try the more exotic flavors.
As far as price goes....1/2 dozen mini cupcakes was around $9.00. I'd pay it because this is quality tasty product and well worth the spluge once and a whole!

Reviewed May 5, 2010

Had the experience to eat cupcakes with my family and friends. We all found the cupcakes to be on the expensive side - some over $3.50 each. The size of the cupcakes were average- the same size as you can buy in a grocery store. The flavors are unique. They have some more "normal" flavors ie: French Vanilla & a multitude of chocolates. They have some flavors, like the bacon cupcake that just did not go over well. We have had bacon maple doughnuts that were good, but these were just not. Their presentation is very nice - the cupcakes are individually placed inside a large box with raised circular holders so that they don't move around. The downside is that the cupcakes look even smaller and it is somewhat of a let-down. The shop itself is absolutely adorable inside and out and the staff is very friendly. In an area that is only a suburb of Cincinnati, the prices and sizes of the cupcakes may be the only things that hold them back. Unique isn't necessarily bad - some people are just up for the adventure.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I have nothing un-positive to say about Sugar. See... I can't even say "negative" in reference to them. The decor is simple yet chic and young. The menu is just as simple. Cupcakes (regular and mini) and beverages. That's it.

I had the chai chocolate cupcake. DELICIOUS. The girls working there were just as sweet as the store's name. It was a great meal topper after lunch at 20 Brix which is caddy-corner to the store. I highly recommend to anyone.