“Won't be back.”

Sugar Cupcakery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be back.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Heard about Sugar & their gluten free cupcakes. Our youngest has an allergy so I was excited to check them out. Thoroughly unimpressed. The girl working was the furthest thing from friendly or even hospitable...I'd even go as far as categorizing her as rude. The cupcake choices were slim, and the prices were ridiculously overpriced. $3.25 for a dry cupcake?! No thanks....I'll drive to Oakley and visit Bon Bonerie for less than that price.

Milford, Ohio
“Good - but not a MUST”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I LOVE Cupcakes. Everywhere I go, I find the local cupcake establishment and indulge. I just don't find the need to indulge at Sugar. The cupcakes are good - but definitely not a Crumbs or a Sprinkles. They are of average size, like you would bake at home or pre-made at the grocery store. The vanilla bean are my favorite. I prefer cupcakes with nuts or peanut butter. But, you will not find them at Sugar. They stay away from nuts due to all the people with nut allergies. I do go to Sugar from time to time when I am too lazy to make my own cupcakes for an event. But, would not say this is a MUST.

• Visited May 2012
Loveland, Ohio
“Okay but...”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Cupcakes were very expensive for the size, not much variety and of the 4 flavors we sampled, none stood out as especially tasty, and all were rather dry.

Visited February 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“yummy”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

tasy and unique cupcakes. good texture and different flavors. they were very expensive, but they did have a gluten free one. friendly staff. loved the cupcakes, but the price was really too high

• Visited April 2012
“I didnt know what a good cupcake was until I went here!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

When you walk in, you might think "what! That $ for a cupcake"! These arent the same cupcakes you find at an average bakery or your local grocery. You might not order these for a kids birthday party unless the child has allergies or health issues. But! If you want a special treat, made with the finest ingredients, this is the place. Whether you want fat free, all natural, food alllergy-free, dye free, gluten free, vegetarian or vegan, or all natural this is the place! They have minis, so if your in the area, and you wanna give them a try, stop in. you'll be pleasantly suprised!