“Wine is the fun part of this restaurant”
Review of 20 Brix Restaurant

20 Brix Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
20 Brix Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garfield
Description: The 20 Brix wine bar and restaurant features over 100 selections by the glass or bottle. Along with an extensive wine list, the restaurant has an impressive assortment of premium liquors and specialty beers. 20 Brix also includes a patio with comfortable seating areas for customers to enjoy. 20 Brix has created an environment that not only provides a unique wine and food experience to patrons, but also a relaxing backdrop to enjoy every last sip and bite. The knowledgeable staff is ready to offer suggestions and tastes of the available wines at any time. Part of the pleasure of visiting the 20 Brix wine bar and restaurant is pairing your favorite wine with one of the contemporary entrees, salads, or pizzas.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

But not necessarily the food. Loved their massive wine list and really had fun with their options of 2oz or 5 oz pours, so you could pick and choose some fun wines. The service was great and the owner/somelier personally welcomed us and was very attentive. The food sounded interesting, but was just OK. I had the mac and cheese with lump crabmeat. The cheese sauce was pretty runny and their were only small pieces of crab. One of our diners had the shrimp and grits, they said it was good, but I have to say it looked a little pale. The steak part of the steak frites looked wonderful, but the fries were a little dried out. I do have to say it was the most appealing of the meals we had. The best part of the meal was the cheese and meat tray. Loaded with nuts and fresh berries. Cheese was delightful and so was the meat - could have used a bit more meat though. All in all, I would definitely go back just for the fun of the wine and I would maybe try some other dishes as I would hate to give up on such a fun place so easily.

There are newer reviews for 20 Brix Restaurant

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been to 20 brix countless times. It's always an excellent choice, and you can easily choose the level of dining experience you want to have...I've had a glass of wine (x2), shared a pizza and had a salad for $35 for 2, and had an excellent fine-dining meal w/wine and beer for 2 for just south of $100. It's often busy and at surprising times...it's been packed on a beautiful Weds. night and empty the next. It is a bit out of the way for some (but I'm a resident) but it's really convenient to 50, I-275, and nestled next to Terrace Park and Indian Hill.

The food is often locally sourced and I anything chicken I've gotten has been fabulous, as are the steaks and scallops. The menu is often changed, I've had unbelievable lobster mac & cheese, fabulous roasted broccoli, yummy pasta. It's all good.

What got us hooked was the service. At the bar the wine servers are personable, generally remember us and our choices, and very knowledgeable. I've a $5 glass and a $25 glass recommended to me and both were the right choice for the meal AND fab. They really do hire good people. I've had a not-so-hot meal server there, but I haven't seen her since. She really couldn't recommend a wine, and didn't seem to "like' anything on their menu.

This place has a great atmosphere. You can get a cozy intimate table in the bar, sit outside or enjoy service in the white table-clothed larger dining area.

My only negative is that the bathrooms are a bit of hike. A mandatory elevator ride (where are their green initiatives, sheesh! ( ; ), which is sometimes too slow.

It's a great place to go. If you're looking for something more "family" or "casual" visit Padrino's...their sister restaurant 2 doors down. Good pasta, sandwiches, and pizza - plus a good beer and wine selection.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

For the price I paid I expected a bit more. First I was kind of thrown off with seeing what was supposedly a spring menu online and just checking out the idea of the menu then go to the restaurant, with it being well into summer now, and seeing the exact same menu. Second, for the conversation platter I assumed we would have been given names, and heaven forbid a description, of the assortment. About the only thing I recognized was the chicken liver mousse which, being a huge fan of liver, I thoroughly enjoyed. Their selection of good beer was a lot better than average, but unfortunately the IPA I requested was out of stock and it took about 5-10 mintues for the waitress to return to inform me of this. I ordered the scallops and unfortunately 2 of the 4 scallops were well over-salted for my taste. I am not a huge salt fan to begin with but I can only recall once or twice sending food back for over-salting. I would recommend the brussel sprouts. They did have a nice, really sweet Moscato that my wife really enjoyed. I assume if you are really into wine and go there mainly for that, then your experience would be better. Unfortunately I have paid less for places that did go those extra few steps for what I paid for and will not return to this place. I really hate giving a poor rating, but just too many minor glitches that I would not expect for the price.

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The table was so small that my companion and I were bumping legs. However the tapa-like menue offered an ecletic selection of nice portions and complimentry wine. Server was very attentive and the final price won't knock you out of your seat. We go to Cincinnati often for theater or ballgames. 20 Brix is a good choice just east of the city.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Visited this place the night of my son's graduation from UC in Cincinnati...wanted to get away from the hectic downtown and near restaurants, knowing they would be jammed with all the people in town.
Milford is a quite, quaint community located a bit out of the city but still within the beltway area.
I have eaten here only once before and recall enjoying it so I flt comfortable going again for a celebration. We were just 6 people and everyone really enjoyed dinner.
highlights were the Lamb Meatballs (appetizer,) and the arugula salad. Entree hits were the special Mahi and risotto dish, as well as the Roasted Salmon with vegetable stew (albeit the salmon was a bit dried out from too much roasting). The Pork Chop suffered that same indignity of too much cooking. All the plates looked very creatively put together and they were all enjoyed (others ordered the crab cakes entree and the chicken thigh paillards.)

Service was a bit touch and go, and I wouldn't compliment management for its handling of things but, in all, the evening was pleasant. I don't recommend the iced tea as it tasted sour to us and the manager assured us it was fresh and that the bartender (who is an apparent iced tea aficionado) drinks it and says it was fine (NOTE- the manager also let on that that same aficionado puts tons of sugar in his tea.)

Anyway- we enjoyed the place and would go back. They have a nice wine list along with a wine retail shop...I guess that can be a good feature.