“One of the nicest hotels in the area at a great price!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Fort Recovery, Ohio
“One of the nicest hotels in the area at a great price!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited this hotel Aug 8-10, 2014, it was only opened for 3 days before our visit. The hotel is brand new. For the price and location you can't beat it, it was only 10 -15 minute drive to Cedar point and only minutes away from restaurants and activities. I would stay here again. The pool was nice and warm. The fitness center is nice. My favorite thing was the coffee, tea and hot chocolate that is out all the time for you (they even have flavored creamers!!!). The food was good, my only complaint on the food is there is no meat offered on the weekends. They have 2 hot items, we had french toast stick and scrambled eggs the first day, and the 2nd day was cheese omelets and obrien potatoes. The waffle maker was good, they had walnuts for the oatmeal so I added some in my waffle. Plenty to choice from. At this hotel they also have food you can buy to make in your microwave in your room, and ice cream!
Our room was inviting with nice decor, the beds were to firm for me, but others may like them. I didn't wake up achy just prefer a softer bed (I have back issues). I have enclosed pictures of everything I saw. Hope this helps

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alma
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Jeff at check in was GREAT! Fast, efficient, and friendly! Decor was beautiful in new hotel. Bathroom floor had to much hair on it for my taste! Breakfast was gone by the time we came down, and we waited 20 minutes for hot food. Attendant was rude! The highlight of our stay happened at 1:00am after a very, very long day at Cedar Point. We entered the hotel (2 adults, and 2 teens) through a side door. When coming through the door a Hampton employee was trying to come through the fire door next to the stairway. She was jigging the door, so we didn't know if she was locking it, testing it, or what she was doing, and quite frankly at 1:00am we didn't care. When she came through the door, she charged down the hallway after us yelling that we didn't hold the door for her. She was yelling that our teens saw her and she heard us say something. She kept yelling, "you saw me, you saw me!". When we got to the lobby I told her that we don't open doors for anyone at 1:00am, it's to dangerous. Plus I pointed out she is an employee here, she should be able to get herself through doors in her hotel. I told her we would be reporting her crazy behavior and she yelled to go ahead that no one would be working the next day. Such an odd encounter! I have never had an experience like this at any hotel. I couldn't believe it happened!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

5 Thank aas814
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel is so new that it still has the fresh paint and furnishings smell. Everything is sparkling. The kids loved the indoor pool as the weather was cool. The hostess works tirelessly to make sure the breakfast items are kept refilled, tables are clean etc.

United States
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is the best you can get without paying through your nose for no reason. I'm choosing this over others from now on because it is upscale and extremely economical. They are just fantastic with their customer satisfaction policy. Once you go here, you won't need to go anywhere else.

Centre Hall, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were there 5 days after the hotel opened. It was a great stay. The lobby furnishings were very attractive. The entire place was very clean. Our room was great and loved all of the extra electrical outlets in the room - no moving the furniture to find a plug for my laptop. Had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a brand new hotel, and the rooms are large and very comfortable. Staff was helpful even as they were figuring out where everything was themselves. They should add a second waffle maker to the breakfast area, but I would definitely stay there again.

Dayton, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great hotel. Brand new. I hope the staff maintains it. Good proximity to I-80 as well as Cedar Point. Much nicer hotel than the Hampton right next door. Be sure to pick the new one. Breakfast was good. Lobby was clean with coffee and warm cookies.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Milan

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan? Share your experiences!