“Good hotel for the price”

Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staff is super friendly. Nice indoor pool area. Rooms were clean. We were only driving through and stayed one night. I feel like we got what we paid for, I'd recommend for a quick stay. Continental breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica H
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Jessica H

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to THANK YOU for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience. We truly value positive input from our guest and your kind words mean the most. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip to our area.

Sincerely
Karen Ritter
# 643

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed at The Red Roof Inn in Clyde for the past 2 years but decided to stay in Milan this year since it was closer to the race track. Upon check in the front desk clerk tried charging me $175.99 a night for Friday and Saturday night. We checked in on a Thursday which was July 4th, I had my email confirmation which showed my rate was $79.99 a night for the entire stay leaving on Monday July 8th. Thank God I paid cash or my credit card would have been over charged she did honor what my confirmation showed. I am a Red Roof Inn card holder and always get emails saying you get different things with your card. I received nothing and as of now didn't even get my points for the visit. On Friday we got towels from housekeeping on Saturday they cleaned our room. We left early Sat morning and came back around 6 the housekeeper unplugged our small refrigerator that was in the room and we had food in it, wasn't to happy about that since there were several other plugs she could have used. I do have to say the bed was comfortable but the blankets weren't big enough to cover you. The breakfast wasn't any thing spectaculiar and also we were on the 2nd floor they don't have elevators so we had to carry all our stuff up to the room. The stair well looked like it hadn't been cleaned in some time there was dirt and a couple dead bugs on the steps. The room was on average and was pretty clean. Overall not to thrilled with the property hope that management can make some changes on their customer service and teach house keeping a few things too. Not sure why the Red Roof Inn offers a reward card when you don't get anything for it. Alot of hotels give points as well as complimentary water and other snacks upon check in this property didn't offer anything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Kim

I am sorry we were not able to meet your standards. We have 24 hours staff to take care of any needs that may come up during your stay. I did research and your reservation was honored at the rate you were quoted. I not sure of the mix up but I am happy that we honored your orginal rates. Thank you again for allowing me to research these issues you have commented on.

Thanks
Karen Ritter

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This Red Roof is very conveniently located to Cedar Point which was one of the reasons we chose it. The other reason was that they normally give my husband's company a hefty discount, but as it turned out, they did not honor the discount. The motel is ready for an update--and for all their fuss about their special linens, we were not impressed with the quality or comfort of their linens. The sheets were thin. The blanket came up to my waist and the bedspread was fitted which made it nearly impossible to stretch out. We had to unmake the whole bed before sleep was possible. There was mildew around the grout in the bathroom and even with the A/C on the humidity in the room stayed high--probably from the indoor pool nearby. We used to travel with a dog, so I appreciate their pet friendly policy but as I was searching the floor for stray sox as we were getting ready to leave, I found dog poo in the corner under the table. That was a deal breaker. We are returning to the area in the fall, but it won't be to this Red Roof.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank midwestgirl_56
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great room at a good price. Rooms were clean, beds were just right. Rooms came with hair dryers, and iron with ironing boards (missing at several Red Roof Inns we stayed in this trip). Continental breakfast provided. Staff very friendly and made us feel welcome. We love Red Roof Inns pet policy, no extra charge for a pet in the room. We think its the best reason to stay a Red Roof Inn. Affordable and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear VLouis12,

Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel during your recent stay! I am so happy that we provided you with the nicest Red Roof Inn of your trip! We take pride in our hotel and like to make sure every guest that stays with us is happy and comfortable. Yes, your four-legged family members always stay free with us at Red Roof Inn. I hope to see you again when travelling in our area.

Thanks again,
Hotel Management

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We rented 2 rooms. Room 124 had pubic hairs in bathroom. Room 122 had Roach inside of window. Staff wanted to give me 10% of my money back. Waiting to hear from the manager. Beds were terribly hard. We slept in clothes. It was a horrible experience. Never again...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank sstayer123
643Red, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear sstayer123,

Ms. Stayer, I am so very sorry for your recent bad experience at the Sandusky/Milan Red Roof Inn. I felt horrible that your stay was anything but satisfying. I spoke with you on Saturday evening October 13 regarding your stay, so I am very confused as to why you said you are waiting for the manager to respond. As I said on the phone to you, my staff only has authority to offer you 10% discount on the stay which is why my front desk clerk left me a message with your name and number to call you. Since I work evenings, I did not come in until 4pm that day. I called you by 6:30pm that evening after speaking with my head housekeeper and the two desk clerks that worked on Friday evening. Then after speaking with you, I decided to give you greater compensation than 10%. I take guest complaints very seriously and investigate each one. In this case, the bug in questions is not a roach, but a box elder bug, common to this area and dense wooded areas. Since our hotel is near a wooded area, during the fall months, we usually see an increase in them. The housekeepers know how to remove them (they are best killed by being vacuumed up). I spoke with my staff and they all know to be more diligent when cleaning the rooms. It is always my hope that every guest that stays with us is taken care of and has a restful night's sleep. I do hope after our talk on Saturday that you will reconsider us at the Sandusky/Milan Red Roof Inn to give us another try to show you that we can do better!

Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention! We hope to be of service to you in the future! If there is anything I can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at (419) 499-4347.

Steve
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was very inexpensive, You get what you pay for. The rooms were clean but very old. Our bed was very soft they need to update there rooms The did have an okay breakfast bar. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of the Sandusky/Milan Red Roof Inn. We appreciate the kind words about our breakfast and staff. I am glad you had a good night's sleep in our beds. I am sorry that you found our Red Roof Inn outdated. We updated with new chairs in the guest rooms and new bedspreads last spring. We also painted the interior of our hotel last spring and remodeled our indoor pool room this past winter. We have also renovated our exercise room in the hotel to include more equipment that our guests can enjoy.

I hope to see you at Red Roof Inn if you are ever back in our area!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you want luxury accomodations, this is not the place for you, but if you need an affordable, clean, and VERY quiet place to stay while in the Sandusky area, look no further. When we booked our room, we requested a rollaway, but when we checked in, we were told that we had been given a room with a sleeper sofa. Worked for us! When we went to set it up into a bed, the blankets from the last people were still folded up in it. We called down to the front desk and the woman working was extremely nice about it and immediately brought up new bedding for us. In the end, my stepson ended up folding it back into a sofa and slept on it that way because it wasn't very comfortable as a bed, but he said he slept good, so all was well with that.

We all slept very well, and didn't hear a peep out of any of the other travelers. The staff here is wonderful and kind. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Makayla B
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Milan, OH! We appreciate the kind review and I am certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. Whenever we have a room with a sofa bed available, we do try and offer those in place of a rollaway bed, since they are a bit more comfortable. I am sorry that there were sheets in the sofa bed. We do not make the sofa beds up before renting a room, but do provide fresh, clean linens in the credenza drawers for the sofa beds. At any time, a staff member can provide assistance in setting up a sofa bed. In this case, I am happy that the desk clerk was able to provide you with a fresh set of linens. I do hope that we see you again when travelling in the area. Thanks again for your review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Bellevue Hotel & Suites
Bellevue Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Bellevue
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South

Been to Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky? Share your experiences!