“If you dont mind a 20 minute drive to cedar point, it is so worth the money!”

Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel is great!. Its simple and nothing fancy but its clean and the staff friendly. Its about twenty minutes from cedar point but for the low rates its well worth it, especially in this economy. The pool is fun and the breakfast area has eggs and an industrial waffle makers and all the fixings so there is more than just cold breakfast

• Stayed: August 2012
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of the Red Roof Inn Sandusky-Milan! Yes, we are a little futher away from Cedar Point but our prices compared to hotels closer to Cedar Point are more reasonable. We are conveniently located about 10 miles (about a 15 minute drive) to the park. I frequently have guests tell me that they are happy with driving a bit just to save a bit of money on lodging. Thank you for posting information for our potential guests and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Traveling with a dog there's very few places that you can choose from. We chose to stay here as it was easy access off of I80 a little over 1/2 way to our destination. The staff were very friendly and helpful the hotel and room were clean. I really don't have many complaints about this hotel other than the beds were not comfortable. We didn't sleep well and woke up with stiff backs and a sore shoulder. There really isn't a mattress pad on the beds, there's a small thin cloth that lays on top of the mattress. The bedding is very old and sheets worn. Rooms could use a sprucing up with new mattresses and bedding. Did not have breakfast so cannot comment. I didn't feel comfortable walking my German Shepherd in the evening so my husband escorted me.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I am happy to report that as of last week, we have purchased new mattress pads for our beds and have replaced some very worn mattresses with brand new ones. We appreciate all comments and reviews because it only helps us to become a better hotel and be able to accommodate our guests that much more. Thanks again for your review and if in the area again, we hope to see you back!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I just went to the Red Roof Inn this past weekend for a trip to Cedar Point. We had no intentions of staying all day in a hotel as the Sandusky area is packed with attractions and we mainly just needed a place to sleep. All the other hotels around this area were REALLY expensive for our budget, and the Lake Erie area is such a tourist attraction alot of the places were packed. Red Roof Inn gave us a nice pool, a clean room and bathroom, cool AC, nice parking, the front desk and cleaning service people were very kind, and the pricing is cheaper than the rest of the hotels in the area. They have vending machines, an ice machine, water pressure in the shower it great (have had bad experiences in the past with hotel bathrooms) The only thing I would have prefered is to have more towels in the bathroom, but its an easy fix as they will bring you some if you ask!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Sandusky-Milan! We appreciate all comments about our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again next time when in the area!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We like many folks were headed to Cedar Point and had no intention of spending a bunch of time in a hotel. We went to the park all day and came in exhausted at around 10pm. The lady at the front desk was really nice and we were checked in seconds later. It was in the 90's that day and we were hoping to jump in the pool. The lady said it closed at eleven but was nice enough to let us splash around till 12pm.
The rooms were what you would expect, very clean stiffer bed, TV and a remote that worked. The room stayed cool throughout the night and despite lots of people clearly coming and going all night, I didn't hear a peep. I slept like a rock and woke up ready to go the next day.
We stopped in for the breakfast and were surprised to find lots to eat. They had two kinds of juice, fresh apples and oranges, toast, jelly, bagels, coffee, milk....and of course those do it yourself waffles that most places have now. I would have liked to have some peanut butter available but I really couldn't call that a complaint.
The place was about 10-15 minutes to Cedar Point the trip was easy with a couple of turns but plenty of signs that said "this way to Cedar Point" so even directionally challenged vacationers should have no problem finding their way to the promised land. There were a ton of restaurants and shopping available on the way to Cedar Point from this spot.
I have read several of the negative reviews for this place and I am not sure that they get what this place is trying to be. If you want a clean comfortable room for a reasonable price, stay at this spot you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for a five star luxury sweet then stop staying at Red Roof Inns.

1  Thank davidpaula
643Red, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear davidpaula,
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Red Roof Inn Sandusky/Milan! We appreciate all reviews from our wonderful guests! I am so happy that you found our location to be a convenient stop off for Cedar Point visitors. Every year we have a lot of people tell us that even though our hotel is a short distance from the park, it is nice to be away from the "hustle & bustle" of the Cedar Point area! We hope to see you back here when visiting the area again!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were driving back home from Chicago to NY and we were looking for a place to spend the night. We were able to get a room here for less than $70. I was a little worried about a place with rates that low, but the Tripadvisor reviews were positive and we spent the night here. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the comfort of the beds. They have a nice fitness room.
We did not have the breakfast here, so I cannot say anything about that.
This was definitely the best Red Roof Inn that I have ever stayed in.

1  Thank bdbb

Dear bdbb,
Thank you for your review of our Red Roof!! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here. We do get a lot of turnpike travelers, just "passing through" and have been told by a lot of them that we are one of the nicer Red Roofs, so it is nice to see it in print as well. I am glad that you were pleased with our fitness room, and am happy to report we are currently in the process of expanding our fitness room to include a treadmill, with more exercise equipment to come. We hope to see you here next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Red Roof in Milan is a great 'basic' hotel, one of the cheapest in the area, but only about 10-15 minutes to Cedar Point. The indoor pool is fine, the breakfast features waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins etc. The staff is courteaous, the air conditioning is cold... It's an excellent value for an often overpriced (summertime) area!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms available.

Dear billaggie
We appreciate your review of the Red Roof Inn Sandusky/Milan! We always look forward to hearing comments from our guests about their pleasant stays with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will consider us for your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Red Roof charged my card without my approval.I tried to book the room 1 month ahead ,and it was canceled by a unknown. the room was payed by another card. then canceled at check in. then. charged my card 20.00 more than the pre paid amount.I m now trying to get my money back in my account.The room was already payed for when my daughter came to check in. this was a graduation present from her mother. it has been a nightmare for me THANKS RED ROOF!!!!! P.S. im still waiting for my money. thay offered NO incentive, or anything, just oh well....DON'T GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO THIS INN

Room Tip: do not give your card number to this Inn at all. I will never stay at this place
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jobe S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#7 of 35 in Sandusky

Been to Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky? Share your experiences!