“great find”

Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Returning to the Mid-west after Christmas visit out east. Middle of the night and tired of driving we decided to stop at the next, inexpensive hotel we saw. What a nice surpise this Motel 6 was.Very inexpensive and nicely appointed. Appears to have been recently renovated, very modern and NO CARPET. The one drawback to no carpet is that sound carries... someone was taking their dog out early in the morning and the clicking of dog paws on laminate floor could be heard in our room so clearly that I thought there was an animal in our room at first. Quite disorienting to be awakened in a strange place by the sound of claws on the floor. I was startled at first but altogether a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DangeRuss-714
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you very kindly for your review regarding your recent stay with us! I hope that when you are travelling back through our area, we will see you again!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have always been very happy when I stayed at this location. The rooms are clean and the staff is helpful. Its a good deal overall. If I remember correctly, it was a bit of a drive to the nearest 24hr restaurant, so you might want to hit one on the way there.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank J B
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear JB,
Thank you for your recent review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you travel through the area!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We decided to try the Hampton as it was rated #1 in the town on TripAdvisor, but decided not to stay after walking in and we were quoted $99 plus tax for 2 people! Outragous! We decided to try the next hotel which was rated #2, the Motel 6. So glad we choose this hotel instead of the overpriced and snobbish Hampton! We only had to pay $44 plus tax for 2 people, for the exact same room type!

Upon entering, the lobby and staff were a thousand times cleaner and nicer than the other hotel. This place needs to be rated #1 in the town in our honest opinion. We were checked in by Laura the General Manager who was just delightful and willing to help us locate area restaurants and shopping. Very friendly and helpful! As we looked around the beautiful lobby (something you really don't see when you think of a Motel 6), we saw they also had a MASSIVE vending area...not kidding folks! A soda machine, ice machine, snack machine, NOVELTY ICE CREAM MACHINE (OMG AWESOME!), and another drink machine with high end drinks such as juices, water, snapple, energy drinks, tea, etc. For the price, this place had everything and then some!

Our room itself was hospital clean; truly sparkling! I tip my hat to the amazing housekeeper who serviced our room! Beds were comfy, water pressure in shower was great with all the hot water we needed, and we loved the flat panel lcd tv in our room! The decor was very retro and modern, and the free wifi had a strong signal at all times during our stay.

The hotel does not offer breakfast, but who needs that with area places nearby? They do offer free coffee in the lobby in the morning. We had to make an early start at 4am and Joseph at the front desk went out of his way to make us a pot early for us! So nice of him! This place truly is a gem and I will be telling all of my business contacts to book here if ever in the area! Thanks again to both Laura and Joseph for their hospitality!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a first floor room, that way you are close to the lobby if you ever would need anythi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Norma B
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your contribution to our review page for the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6. We love to hear about our guests experiences and am so happy that you had an enjoyable stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with clean, affordable lodging. We take pride in our hotel and like to make sure every guest that stays with us is happy and comfortable.
We hope we can be of service to you in the future!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Motel 6 in Milan has to be the cleanest I've seen. The staff is very friendly, the price was reasonable, and its pet friendly.The Hotel Manager seems to really care about the customers. She goes out of her way to make sure you are happy, and comfortable. I will defenitly stay there again for any occasion.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Regina P
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice words. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Sandusky/Milan Motle 6. We look forward to having you here again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went to Cedar Point for the weekend and found every hotel towards to park totally booked. Was told Motel 6 further from the park had open rooms. Leanne checked up in & she was beyond friendly and helpful. The room was neat & clean. For a bug phobic person, I was very pleased with our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kairving09
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and to also hear how the employees are doing. I hope that when you come to the Sandusky/Milan area you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We chose this motel because there were good reviews. Wood floors and refurbished bathrooms sounded good. Also, it is close to I-80.
However, no one said anything about how far the motel is from any restaurants and shopping. We drove 6-8 miles for dinner and breakfast.
The room was fairly clean but very small. There wasn't much room for luggage.Also, no hair dryers-we expect that even in less expensive motels.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank HerbLemont
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest
I am glad that you liked the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6 and that you stayed here. I am sorry that we dont have a big selection of food resturants around in this area. I wanted to let you know we do offer hair dryers at the front desk for the guests use if needed. I do hope that if your ever in the area you would stay again with us.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Was a little better than what I had expected since the room was pretty inexpensive. The beds were not too comfortable but room was clean. I was overall happy with the room except for the fact that there were no kleenex provided. There was a safe, but not a box of kleenex?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review! I am glad that you chose to stay with us at the Sandusky/Milan Motel 6. We hope to see you again when you travel through the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
Red Roof Inn Milan Sandusky
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan

Been to Motel 6 Sandusky-Milan? Share your experiences!